Sunday, February 14, 2016

Peachy Pink Valentine with The Nerdly Beautiful & Table Manners Aside



Happy Valentine's Day, friends! I've been waiting FOREVER to share this post with you :) It's my first double collab post and I couldn't be more excited to partner with the lovely Nini from The Nerdly Beautiful and the luscious ladies behind Table Manners Aside. Nini and I have made a friendship pact to do 5 collabs this year and we wanted the first to be for Vday. So of course we were delighted when Temi and Mari invited us to help with their own Vday themed post! Temi created a decadent raspberry molten lava cake recipe and Nini and I were going to get to be the hand models while Mari composed the perfect pictures. Basically, we pretended to daintily eat Temi's yummy cakes and after the shots were taken we INHALED THEM. Find out how to get this goodness into your own mouth here!

I love TMA's food photography. Mari really knows what she's doing behind the camera! I have to say my favorite thing about their blog is their joint writing voice. It feels like I'm chatting with a sassy girlfriend who is always in-the-know about their favorite restaurants whenever I read one of their posts. Temi and Mari co-write a recurring feature called TMA Mondays where they give you a heads up on their picks of all the happenings on the Seattle food scene. Bookmark their blog for new recipes, Seattle restaurant views, food porn worthy photos and a good time!





After enjoying good cakes and company, we were a bit pressed for daylight to get our outfit shots in so we jetted down to Nini's courtyard for some quick snaps. I love the way these photos turned out! Nini is basically Nigeria's next top model, AMIRIGHT?! The contrast between her edgy twists against the flirty flower crown and princess pink tulle is fab. I asked Nini to send me photo of her dress ahead of time so I could coordinate. I picked up this perfectly peachy fit-and-flare from the Nordstrom Rack clearance section before Christmas and immediately thought of it when I saw what Nini was planning to wear. As the weather warms in the PNW, I'm feeling drawn to the pretty pretty princess half of my closet.

I'm spending this Valentine's day hanging out with husband, brother and sister (in-law) on a sunny sunday in Florida. Sister's whipping up a scrumptious brunch and we have a beach excursion planned for later. I hope your day is filled with reminders of how much you are loved by your own loved ones. Thanks for reading today :)







1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and I love love all of your adventures. It seems you're always somewhere new, experiencing a wide variety of people, and you always have such a bright happy smile :) You must have fun wherever you go! I have a new dream that we should go to Disneyland together! xoxo

    ReplyDelete