Wednesday, April 20, 2016

His & Hers: Tulips for Days



Oh Harrow, Friends! I'm FINALLY home from work travel and it feels so damn good to be back! I've taken the last week to get settled back into home life. Hanging with the handsome hubs, organizing my home and office, catching up with friends and soaking in the PNW sunshine. TBH, when I was on the road, I didn't miss the blog at all. My brain space was consumed with work and such. As I was getting ready to return home, I was wondering if I'd feel like picking the blog back up again since I hadn't given it too much thought for so long. But of course, it only took me a week before I was ready to get back in the style blog game :) It helps to have a loving and supportive network of blogger friends. Special shoutout to my blogger boyfriend, Hector of Geek-Q, for getting my excitement levels up up up with our visit to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival!

I wouldn't have made my annual pilgrimage this year if it weren't for Hector's encouragement. Thanks for making sure I didn't break my tulip streak, boo! Did any of you get the chance to make it out to the tulips this year? Fields of flowers have been blowing up my Facebook newsfeed these past few weeks!





Hector and I both had new camera equipment to play with and it definitely contributed to the best photo set we've ever taken together! As you may have noticed, Hector and I love our collaborative His & Hers series. Ever since our Christmas and New Year posts, we've been making more of an effort to do these more regularly. It's kind of silly, up until now we were relying on the unknown skills of kind strangers to get the shots of us together. Those days are behind us because Hector purchased a tripod for our adventures and we broke it in at the tulip fields! I wish I had my phone with me when we were taking our timed photos. It was SO CUTE to watch Hector daintily jog through the rows of tulips after setting the timer to get next to me in time for the shot.

As for me, I recently purchased a Sony a7ii from my photog hero, Dara of Love Darbie. Don't get me wrong, I love my Canon 50D but I needed something more lightweight. Before my parents gave me my first DSLR (it was a hand me down), I carried an easy going point-and-shoot with me everywhere. When I converted to the Canon 50D full time, my cameraphone became my everyday camera because it was super inconvenient to tote the big camera around. I regularly missed out on capturing high-quality candid moments because I didn't have my camera on me due to me being too lazy to carry it without a guaranteed opportunity to shoot. So, enter the Sony! This mirrorless camera is an absolute dream. The color quality is ridiculous. Every photo is basically upload ready straight off the camera. The tech features allow me to instantly transfer my photos to my phone. That, combined with it's lightweight design makes it a perfect everyday camera.

I can't wait to share more of my spring time shenanigans on le blog. You can expect more regular updates from me and my camera. Hopefully, you feel like that's a good thing :D Until the next one, my friends!





On Hector:
Peacoat Topman , similar
Floral Shirt Topman, similar
Pink Chinos J. Crew, exact
Polka Dot Bow Tie and Suspenders Asos, exact
Duck Boots Lacrosse for J. Crew, exact






On Kim:
Striped Crop Top Forever 21, exact
Striped Skirt Forever 21, sold out but this would pair well.
Rain Boots Forever 21, exact style, different colors
Classic Trench Vintage London Fog, similar


2 comments:

  1. Omg omg omg so much through my mind right now!! I'm getting all the feels from our photoshoot. First of all, I'm so glad you're back in the blogging streak! I'll make sure such a long time without posting doesn't happen no more :) whenever you need someone to shamelessly take pics and selfies with a tripod with you you know who to call. Okay now to the post, I'm so happy you decided to do tulips with me this year! Such an honor! And of course I didn't want you to miss on your streak of tulip fields (which we recalled was already 8 years?!) and I'm soooo happy we did this! That morning was beautiful, and it's great to be able to take nice photos with your boo boo without all the tourists in the background. Props to us for waking up early! And then omg our outfits look perfect. Your dress and trench coat should become a thing this season, it looks soooo flattering on you! And I'll find more excuses to wear suspenders, haha! I know we're busy people and that sometimes it's not easy to find these spots in our calendars to have the perfect morning getaway, but this was definitely worth it. Looking forward to many more photoshoots with you, and to continue moving the creative juices in our minds to come up with marvels like this! Love youu tons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoutout to our new camera equipment. These look sooo professional!

      Delete