Saturday, December 15, 2012

Neon Cheetah

Part of my holiday travels included a first time trip to the South to see my brother graduate from OTS at Maxwell Air Force base in Montgomery, Alabama. I have absolutely LOVED my visit here, the folks are so friendly and their accents are so sweet and gentle. And oh boy, do they know how to dress! They certainly have style here, so I took some notes and picked up this neon trimmed cheetah dress and wore it for an afternoon of exploring downtown with my parents.

IMG_3101

I was absolutely charmed by the city of Montgomery, birthplace of the civil rights movement. I loved that they preserved their history so well, including their beautiful buildings.

IMG_3119

We hopped on the trolley at Union Station and had a blast getting a whirlwind history lesson from our driver. This is a snapshot from my window of one of my favorite churches. Didn't get the name, does anyone know?

IMG_2970

Made it in the nick of time for the last tour at Dexter Avenue King Memorial Baptist Church. This was the only church that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. served as senior pastor. The sanctuary felt peaceful, but very powerful.

IMG_3013

One of my favorite things to do in any capitol city is of course visit the capitol! I am a sucker for any capitol building that has a dome that I can look up to. Our tour even included some Christmas caroling :)

IMG_3064

We also visited the Rosa Parks Museum & Library and it was one of the coolest walk throughs I have ever experienced. I am so happy with my first taste of the South, really can't wait to come back!

IMG_3098

Until next time :)

Dress Charlotte Russe Shirt H&M Boots Bear Paw

No comments:

Post a Comment