Thursday, April 16, 2015

BRB, Reset, Refresh

IMG_2672

Hello blog family :) It's been a while! I didn't intend to take such a long break from the blog, it sort of just happened. Unexpectedly, my grandmother passed last week and I have been spending a lot of time with my family. We're holding up okay! She lived a very full life of 93 years, with 10 children and thirty-something grandchildren to always love and remember her. It's been wonderful to honor my grandmother by surrounding myself with my family. Special thanks to Mitch, my family and my friends for all of their love and support. I'm lucky to have y'all in my life.

In addition, work has been requiring more focus than usual. Countdown to interns, T-2 Weeks! They're almost here! I love summers at Microsoft. So many festivities and activities, the campus is bursting with extra creativity and energy. I'm excited to share that I've been given my school set for the 2015-2016 school year! UCLA, UC San Diego, UC Irvine, Harvey Mudd and Penn State, we're going to have one hell of a time! Although I am excited about new possibilities and new adventures, I am sad to let Duke, Texas A&M and Rice go. The alumni and students of these schools have been nothing short of wonderful and I am so grateful that you welcomed me into your communities with open arms.

That's my update for you. I'm currently on a plane to Disneyland with Mitch for some much needed us time. I'm a bit swamped with travel and funtivities through next week, but I plan to pick up blogging again at the end of the month. I've missed you guys. Looking forward to getting back on it soon! For now, enjoy these photos from my blogger BFF day with Katrina last week!

IMG_2672 IMG_2672
IMG_2672 IMG_2672

4 comments:

  1. Honeyy I'm so sorry for your loss :(. It seems that your grandma had a great life though, and her strong spirit and love for life will live within you forever. I'm so glad you could spend some time with your family to get past these tough days, and I can assure you she's in a better place right now. Back to your photos, they reflect exactly the winning, life-enamored spirit I was talking about! You look so bomb in these photos, for real, you blossom when you take pics with flowers. I'm so glad that you chose a monochromatic look for such a pretty scene, makes both of you really stand out, I hope you enjoy your vacations and I can't wait to see you when you get back. Enjoy Disneyland!! Heart you a ton!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's make a blogger bff pact to go to the tulips together next year <3 Thank you for your kind words :-*

      Delete
  2. Hey boo! I nominated you for a super cool award called the Liebster Award!! Basically it means that you're a super cool blogger, and that I LOVE your blog and want other people to know about it! The instructions to continue the chain are posted on my blog's latest entry, in short, you just need to answer a few questions, nominate more bloggers and ask them new questions! Let's all know more about each other :) I miss you and love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god, I am the worst at keeping up with these. On my to-do list! Thank you for the nomination!!!! <3

      Delete