Thursday, April 30, 2015

For the love of Date Night!

Aaaaaaannnnndddddd I'm back! Hi friends! I didn't mean to be away for so long but this month took me all over the country (Boston, Disneyland, San Francisco, Las Vegas) and once I got off my regular schedule of blogging, it all just went downhill. It was good to have the break. When you're on a posting schedule, it's sometimes difficult to know if you're still liking what you're doing because the schedule drives you to be consistent and accountable. But I actually missed blogging! And after seeing all the amazing posts from Katrina, Hector, and Nini over this last month I knew I NEEDED to get back on my blog game :)

We're kicking off the comeback with a look I rocked for a Friday Date Night (& the next Monday so I could get outfit shots from Kat, lol). Mitch and I try to be consistent with our weekly night out. It's a little harder when I'm travelling but I'm glad we have an activity to anchor ourselves at the end of a long work week. Our go to is dinner + movie (so classic, so simple, so good), but we've been trying to mix it up! Any suggestions for date night in the PNW?

This outfit features none other than the KIMono that I'm obsessed with. I can't believe how versatile this piece is in my wardrobe. It's probably why you see it on le blog so often. You can create so many different looks and vibes! I went with a bodycon silhouette underneath, which I don't typically go for as much anymore, but I was craving a pencil skirt and picked this one up from Forever 21 for $9. Real talk, the skirt is a tad bit thinner than I would have liked, but I think it's more than fine for a $9 item of clothing and works very well when layered with other pieces.

IMG_2672 IMG_2672
IMG_2672 IMG_2672
IMG_2672 IMG_2672


My date night look isn't complete without a little something extra. Y'all may have noticed that I go completely bare faced 99.99% of the time. Nothing against makeup, I just never learned how to use it and am too lazy now! I like that it makes me a little unique, though. Sometimes, I like to add a little liner or a little lipstick, but I wanted to add something different this time around.

Scent Bird reached out to me and asked me if I wanted to try their monthly subscription box for perfume and I jumped at the chance! Mitch is my smellspiration! He never leaves home without an aura of gorgeous man scent surrounding his beautiful body. Haha, but actually. He's currently rotating between 2 - 3 different colognes. On the rare times that we go shopping together (typically once a season), we sometimes stop by the perfume counter to try to find a scent for me. The large, varying selection is a little overwhelming and my problem has been not wanting to commit to a $60-$100 bottle of whatever that I probably won't be able to get through by its expiration date.

Enter Scent Bird, which offers a reasonably priced trial of practically any designer perfume that you could want! For $14.95 you get a 30 day supply (0.27 oz to be exact!) of designer perfume that comes in a convenient mini spray container. They did an A+ job on the bottle design, it looks so sleek! I think they intended their site to be a way for you to discover new perfumes by having you take a quiz. To be honest, I don't think the quiz is really thorough enough to do a good job of suggesting relevant scents, however I LOVE the idea of using this service to try out scents that you already think you might like. For my first go, I'm trying out J'adore Dior. I'm liking it so far! I plan on hitting up my local Nordstrom/Sephora and building out a list of perfumes that I want to try in the future.

That's my little plug on Scent Bird. Check 'em out if you like these sorts of things :) I'll see you guys next week!

IMG_2672

Check out Scent Bird
KIMono Forever 21, an assortment
Mock Neck Crop Top Forever 21, similar here and here
Knit Pencil Skirt Forever 21, exact
Sandals Calvin Klein via Nordstrom Rack

2 comments:

  1. YOU'RE BACK!!!! I'm so happy that you're back, I really missed your posts and you look so refreshed! This short time-off definitely made you so much good, is it me or you even look thinner? I'm loving this recharged version of you, you look amazing in these photos. For real, if there's something you know how to rock like a pro it's the KIMono. The silhouette is sooo pretty on you and the layering with the coat on the last picture is giving me everything, cool, chic, elegant. I'm in love with this set of pics. It was soo good to see you on Tuesday as well, our catch-up time was wonderful like every time we meet and you definitely made my day 1000 times better. Can't wait to see you next week!!! My interns arrive on Monday and I'm super excited about the summer. Heart you very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your love and support always means the world to me, Hector! Seriously, every time I saw you post a new outfit, it motivated me more and more to really get back into the blog game. I still haven't quite found my groove yet, but slowly and surely I will get there! I just need to get into the habit of making time for it.

      Delete