TGIF! Warning, this post is extra peppy because I'm feeling EXTRA ENERGIZED. This weekend, one of my bfferboos from the bay is visiting me for a lady weekend. Jade (who runs an AMAZING food/fitness/hilarious blog, And Curiously) and I share a love for all things brunch and clothes. We were originally going to head to Augusta, GA this weekend for a shameless/indulgent/excessive adventure to visit the Anthropologie OUTLET where pricing works like this... All dresses = $15, All bottoms = $10, All Tops = $5. Yes. We were about to spend $500 to fly across the country to shop at an Anthro outlet. AH. Our plans were thwarted when we found out the outlet closed down AFTER we bought the tickets. The ridiculous thing is that the outlet actually closed two weeks BEFORE we bought the tickets, we just didn't find out until after :P After much relenting, I decided to just eat the $200 change fee and bank $400 ticket for later and Jade decided to reroute herself to the PNW for the weekend. OKAY BUT THE CRAZIER THING is that the outlet actually REOPENED LAST WEEK. WHY?!?!?!
LOLs. I mean, I shouldn't even be complaining. What is this life I live? So instead, Jade and I are taking ourselves to Portland for a weekend of vegetarian brunch, tax free shopping and gallivanting around one of the coolest cities everrrrr. Jade, being the A+ chef that she is, planned a super fun, easy meal for us to cook together at home before we head out for our fun weekend. We made chili from (mostly) scratch, eggless cornbread muffins and an absolutely lovely salad made from spinach, strawberries, home toasted almonds and goat cheese. Check out Jade's amazing chili recipe on her blog! So easy, so yummy, so good!
It's been super fun gabbing about the blog life! It's awesome being able to shamelessly admit how much time I actually spend thinking about blog things :) We happened to finish making our meal around that beautiful just-before-sundown daylight hour, so of course we had to snap some photos. Hopefully I'll return next week with a fully documented post about our shenanigans!
Have the best weekend ever!
LOLs. I mean, I shouldn't even be complaining. What is this life I live? So instead, Jade and I are taking ourselves to Portland for a weekend of vegetarian brunch, tax free shopping and gallivanting around one of the coolest cities everrrrr. Jade, being the A+ chef that she is, planned a super fun, easy meal for us to cook together at home before we head out for our fun weekend. We made chili from (mostly) scratch, eggless cornbread muffins and an absolutely lovely salad made from spinach, strawberries, home toasted almonds and goat cheese. Check out Jade's amazing chili recipe on her blog! So easy, so yummy, so good!
It's been super fun gabbing about the blog life! It's awesome being able to shamelessly admit how much time I actually spend thinking about blog things :) We happened to finish making our meal around that beautiful just-before-sundown daylight hour, so of course we had to snap some photos. Hopefully I'll return next week with a fully documented post about our shenanigans!
Have the best weekend ever!





All of this looks delicious!! I'm so sorry about what happened with the Anthropology outlet :( maybe you'll find another opportunity like that later this year. Portland IS one of the coolest cities (just after Seattle and Austin IMHO) and I always have a great time there, enjoy the great street food and the tax-free shopping you're certainly going to do while being there. Love you tons, hope you have an amazing weekend as well! See you Monday!!! :D
ReplyDeleteI need to have you over for dinner soon <3 And then you can be my food model!
Delete