Monday, July 6, 2015

Blue Cruise Baby

Full disclosure, I'm a complete goob in this photo set. <#sorrynotsorry> I guess I just couldn't keep my shit together while shooting with Kat on this day. Most days we crush our ootd sessions in like, 5 minutes. On some says, I'm just too excited to see her and can't find my inner LA blog betch. It's cool, it's cool! We still manage to capture decent enough photos for you to peep what I wore to work this day. Summer is calling my name, yo. And I have greeted it with wide open arms. I'm all about those summer whites. I'm all about white in general thanks to my mama bear and her love of white button downs. I totes feel like I should be boarding a cruise for a Caribbean vaca. That might be a thing tho- bae and I have been talking about a cruise as a winter vaca possibility, but I don't wanna jinx it so I'll stop here! This dress is lovely but for me, the accessories are the real winner of this outfit. I've had these espadrilles since the summer Mitch and I started dating. I'm usually not into cork wedges, but I couldn't resist this pair! I'm rocking a new necklace I picked up from Chavel and to top it off, these beautiful blue sunnies just make everything pop. Yup, I'm digging it.

Truth be told, I've been waffling between being properly dressed for work and running around in workout clothes. For good reason though!!! I'm on week 4 of Kayla Itsine's Bikini Body Guide. I promise a fuller post on that soon but basically- her workouts are both awesome and brutal and some days I need to just ALREADY be wearing workout clothes to motivate and remind myself that I want/need to hit the gym that day. I've been really happy with my results so far though! Can't wait to share more with you guys later.

Work and interns have also been keeping me on my toes. Last week, my amazing teammates and I orchestrated a 250 person Intern "Hunger Games" event (it was America themed :D). IT WAS INSANE. But seriously so much fun. Intern Hunger Games is basically a giant game of tag. Being on the soccer field with everyone for the "sudden death match" was giving me serious chills. The energy was unreal. Everyone was hyped up and having such a good time. Although the event had me pretty stressed last week (hence, no blogging), being on the field with everyone in the final moments made it all worth it. It's definitely a feeling I need to remember, as Kasey would put it, so when I do it again next year and I'm freaking out, I know why I do it :)

Did you guys have an awesome 4th? Bae and I took a little road trip down to Portland to get some quiet us time. We've always been pretty good at making time for each other and this little break couldn't have come at a better moment. We ate amazing Portland food, watched like, 7 movies and got out to the waterfront for fireworks on Saturday night. I didn't open my laptop once. AMAZING.

Not sure if I've mentioned it on the blog yet, but I'm heading to Vietnam in 2 weeks for a vacation with a couple friends and mama and papa Nguyen. I'm REALLY excited but also a little anxious because I want to make sure everything is wrapped up at work and at home for the trip. Hoping to chronicle things on le blog as I gallivant around with mama and papa!

Woo. That turned into a bit of an update, huh? Let me know what you've been up to! Link me to your favorite things! See you again real soon!

IMG_2672 IMG_2672
IMG_2672 IMG_2672
IMG_2672 IMG_2672
Dress Everly via boutique closing sale, love this one and this one
Wedges old from Nordstrom Rack, I like this pair
Bora Bora Convertible Pendant Necklace via Chloe & Isabel by Chavel

4 comments:

  1. Love the dress! And I love Portland! Some people are so weird or stubborn with their Portland-Seattle 'rivalry.' I'm like...really? There's only one major league sport they compete in...and they're soooo similar culture-wise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are!! I love having another beautiful city so close by to visit when I want to get out of town!

      Delete
  2. Omg let me just put it out there: you're the BEST event organizer, like, ever!! I feel so fortunate to have been part of the Intern Hunger Games this year. It was AMAZEBALLS!! It was super exciting to see everyone having so much fun, and the ending was nerve-racking, I can't imagine the pressure and excitement everyone felt when they were just a few minutes away from winning it all. Okay back to the blog post (I missed this!! So glad you were able to catch a break and shoot some more pics with Kat) this outfit is super lovely. Summer really agrees with you, it's when you pull out your best looks! And do I see a light tan? It might be the color palette, but your skin looks radiant. I can't wait to see you!!! Before you leave for Vietnam, I'm sure you're gonna have a great time, but I need some Kim time before that! Glad you had a great 4th of July, see you tomorrow at HH!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gawd hunger games was AMAZING. I am so grateful that you were there to help me pull it off. Just thankful in general for you :) oh man, I am SO TAN now. So glad there will still be a good amount of summer left when I get home :)

      Delete