Happy Friday, pretty pride lovers! I've had quite the week :) Currently in San Francisco where we threw an after party for interns working across all sorts of companies in the bay. Yea, sometimes my job requires playing water pong with 20 year olds and starting the dance floor with coworkers while rocking a glow stick forehead band. It's kind of the tits, not gonna lie. It's been super fun spending time with team members that I don't normally get to see and being reunited with bay area friends. (Okay, Janet, I'm really just talking about you.)
I wanted to get one blog post in before this week comes to a close! I'm back to my casual summer vibes for this week. Simple A-line dress with one one of my favorite kimonos layered on top. For how simple this outfit really is, it's also very pretty and interesting enough to garner inquiries while walking down the street.
ALSO. CAN WE TALK ABOUT FUCK YEA MARRIAGE EQUALITY?!?!? Ah, pride is this weekend in San Fran and I wish I was staying to celebrate. What an incredible moment in American history! I am so happy and proud of our Supreme Court for making this happen!
I hope you guys have an incredible weekend, y'all!
I wanted to get one blog post in before this week comes to a close! I'm back to my casual summer vibes for this week. Simple A-line dress with one one of my favorite kimonos layered on top. For how simple this outfit really is, it's also very pretty and interesting enough to garner inquiries while walking down the street.
ALSO. CAN WE TALK ABOUT FUCK YEA MARRIAGE EQUALITY?!?!? Ah, pride is this weekend in San Fran and I wish I was staying to celebrate. What an incredible moment in American history! I am so happy and proud of our Supreme Court for making this happen!
I hope you guys have an incredible weekend, y'all!
Textured Fit & Flare Dress Forever 21, exact dress, different colors
Floral Kimono Forever 21, exact from Romwe. I also like this one and this one
Mayari Crisscross Strap Sandal Birkenstock via Nordstrom Rack, exact style, different color
I literally couldn't be happier when I woke up today! First of all, the historic ruling of the Supreme Court in favor of Marriage Equality was the perfect way to start Pride weekend. Yay for equal rights, and even though this is just the first step towards equality in all sense, it's a great accomplishment! And then, I came upon your pictures and honey, you're just glowing in this outfit! The super toned down color of the dress makes it all really about the kimono! So many colors, looks so flattering on your skin!! Ahhh I'm so jealous you're in SF right now where it all started. Want to be there and celebrate with you!! See you next week to continue celebrating this huge milestone!! <3 Have all the fun this weekend!!
ReplyDeleteAh, Hector! It was a victory for the human spirit! It was very happy news indeed, mi amor. Yea- so I'm really feeling these floral, easy going summer looks lately. I haven't been in heels in SO LONG (that's going to change this week on the blog), but it does feel great to give my feet a break :)
DeleteFound you from the Demure Muse and I'm so glad I did! I am still on a high from the SCOTUS ruling! So happy for all of the couples in this country that can now get married in any state! Also you can rock a kimono like no one's business and your hair is BEAUTIFUL!
ReplyDeleteHi Mattie!!! Welcome to my blog :) HOORAY FOR LOVE, AMIRIGHT?! I'm excited to be new friends, can't wait to check out your blog! <3
Delete