Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Prints on Prints on Prints

Happy Hump Day, Party People! Feels good to be back in the style blog game :) For my return, I wanted to go with something a little crazy. However, I was feeling a little lazy so I decided to update a previous party print outfit by adding my favorite summer staple, the kimono. Do I consider myself a print mix master? No, but I'm always willing to play around with pairings in my closet and I happened across this one by chance. I think there are a couple of things that make this work.

Complementary Colors: Take away the crazy prints and imagine these pieces as solid colors: cream, burnt orange and forest green are an unlikely, but very likeable color combination.

Similar Print Scale: The shapes of the florals on the kimono and top are about the same size as the floral and diamond outline on the skirt. I don't think there's a rule against mixing prints of different size scales, but the proportions of each of these prints play well off each other.

Simple Accessories: No explanation needed :)

It's nice to be in something else other than workout clothes for a change! Work is crazy and the house is still a mess but such is life, my friends. I'm doing as much as I can each day and making sure to give myself a bit of down time in the evenings. It's easy for me to get stressed thinking about my gigantic to-do list, but I'm trying my best to just focus on one task at a time, even if that task is to give myself a break :D You guys got any tips for surviving the end of summer frenzy?

Until the next one, my loves!


IMG_2672 IMG_2672
IMG_2672 IMG_2672
IMG_2672
IMG_2672 IMG_2672
Cora Series Purple Heart & Pearl Wood Watches by Jord
Three Row Paillette Graduated Pendant via Chloe & Isabel by Chavel
Printed Top Forever 21 (old), but I like this one and this one
Printed Skirt Forever 21 (old), but I like this one and this one
Floral Kimono Forever 21, exact from Romwe. I also like this one and this one
Cutout Sandal Nine West via DSW (sold out), but I like this pair and this pair

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love this combination! It's giving me everything, a pop of color, interesting mixes, beautiful pattern matching and structure, and dat hair tho!! You look refreshed and replenished after your trip to SE Asia, and I love that you're back to style posts, I really missed those :). Can't wait to see you on Saturday <3 counting the minutes already!!!

    ReplyDelete