Hi Cuties :) Checking in from B-E-A-uuuuutiful San Diego! I had a relaxing weekend at home with bae and friends. Marathoning Season 5 of the Walking Dead, date night to see The Martian, and a ridiculously delicious brunch all made for a great send off. I'm recruiting at UCSD until Wednesday and am excited to get to know the kids at this campus.
While I'm travelling in California for the next couple of weeks, I'm going to post more socal appropriate threads on le blog. Faux fur doesn't seem so appealing in mid-70's sunshine :) Seattle has been experiencing a crazy warm October so far, anyways. I'm glad I have an excuse to catch up on outfits from late summer. Starting with this one! My favorite go-to combo as of late is a chambray tied around a relaxed dress. The chambray gives form to looser shapes and adds an extra layer of interest to any simple dress. It's also quite practical for events that go from day to cool evening or for presentations in over air-conditioned rooms.
I packed my chambray for this trip and I fully intend to tie it around all 5 of the dresses that came with me as well. Ah, totes going to have to find a place to do laundry. I wanted to keep myself to just a carry-on, which I managed to do! :) But it means I'm going to run out of clean undies halfway through the trip! Lol, okay, I'm off! I'll see you guys here again soon!
While I'm travelling in California for the next couple of weeks, I'm going to post more socal appropriate threads on le blog. Faux fur doesn't seem so appealing in mid-70's sunshine :) Seattle has been experiencing a crazy warm October so far, anyways. I'm glad I have an excuse to catch up on outfits from late summer. Starting with this one! My favorite go-to combo as of late is a chambray tied around a relaxed dress. The chambray gives form to looser shapes and adds an extra layer of interest to any simple dress. It's also quite practical for events that go from day to cool evening or for presentations in over air-conditioned rooms.
I packed my chambray for this trip and I fully intend to tie it around all 5 of the dresses that came with me as well. Ah, totes going to have to find a place to do laundry. I wanted to keep myself to just a carry-on, which I managed to do! :) But it means I'm going to run out of clean undies halfway through the trip! Lol, okay, I'm off! I'll see you guys here again soon!









What a great combo!! Air-conditioned rooms and nighttime does tend to be cooler in warmer weather locations, so this is a great idea for being able to adapt without having to change your whole outfit. I approve of your recruiting uniform 100%! Ahhhh can I just say how much I miss you already? It's been like 3 days, I know, but I'm glad your trip is going so well and that you're enjoying the beautiful SoCal weather. Can't wait for you to get back!! Keep having fun and looking great! <3
ReplyDelete