Hello, Friday Friends! This week went by a bit too quickly for me. I know, what am I saying?! The weekend got here lightning fast and I'm complaining? Well, this is it- the countdown to my crazy recruiting travel season is coming to an end and soon it's going to actually be HAPPENING. One thing I've been struggling with as I've been anticipating this time of the year is never feeling ready. No matter how well I've carefully prepared, there are so many balls up in the air that it feels like they're definitely going to come crashing down on me eventually. Now logically, these are irrational fears. Really the worst that can happen is Papa John's doesn't show up with pizza, my boxes full of cheap, plastic swag doesn't show up for a career fair or nobody shows up to my presentation. At the end of the day, nobody's life is going to be ruined and I just need to stop worrying, but that is much easier said than done, isn't it? PERSPECTIVE :) Don't get me wrong- I'm definitely obsessed with my job and I'm pretty sure I was born to be a tech recruiter, but a healthy amount of self doubt keeps a girl like me in check, you know? And seriously lucky for me that I have the best coworkers, the best bae and the best friends to keep me sane.
Another thing that's been keeping me grounded over these last couple of days is setting aside pockets of time to participate in activities that fuel my creativity outside of work aka fashion and blog things. On Wednesday I had lunch with a group of super fab bloggers who are also in technology. Dona and Beth, who run a ridiculously awesome blog called Fibonacci Sequins, gathered a group including Katrina, Hector, and Dara together to share our stories. You know that piece of advice, surround yourself with people that inspire you- that's a real thing y'all! I left that lunch feeling extra energized and excited. It's similar to when I meet up with Kat, Niky, Nini or Hector to take a break and do outfit shots. We're doing something productive but completely outside our day-to-day work activities. Not to mention, it feels wonderful to have a check-in with a friend that cares about you. Basically, free therapy session :) I always return to my desk ready to get back at it.
Lol, I didn't realize this would serve as a mini life update when I started writing it, but that's how these things go. How are you guys holding up? As I hit the road, I'm hoping to regularly check in here on the blog, but no promises! It's about go down :)
Another thing that's been keeping me grounded over these last couple of days is setting aside pockets of time to participate in activities that fuel my creativity outside of work aka fashion and blog things. On Wednesday I had lunch with a group of super fab bloggers who are also in technology. Dona and Beth, who run a ridiculously awesome blog called Fibonacci Sequins, gathered a group including Katrina, Hector, and Dara together to share our stories. You know that piece of advice, surround yourself with people that inspire you- that's a real thing y'all! I left that lunch feeling extra energized and excited. It's similar to when I meet up with Kat, Niky, Nini or Hector to take a break and do outfit shots. We're doing something productive but completely outside our day-to-day work activities. Not to mention, it feels wonderful to have a check-in with a friend that cares about you. Basically, free therapy session :) I always return to my desk ready to get back at it.
Lol, I didn't realize this would serve as a mini life update when I started writing it, but that's how these things go. How are you guys holding up? As I hit the road, I'm hoping to regularly check in here on the blog, but no promises! It's about go down :)
Faux Fur Vest Forever 21, exact (I think!!)
Wrap Cardigan Forever 21, similar
Best Black Pants Betabrand, exact
Haywire Bootie Seychelles, in black, in brown
YES!!! What an awesome closure to the faux-fur week! I love these photos (you look ultra cute and the trees and street make a really interesting combination of city and nature). Also, have I told you before how dope your sweater is? It has a very cool, easy vibe to it and the colorful pattern really stands out. Don't worry at all boo, everything will turn out super fine in your recruiting adventures and you'll come back yes, super tired, but also you should feel super proud because you're helping out so many students realize their dreams, and that is an amazing superpower! That lunch with the blogger the other day was just AWESOME. I also left super revitalized and full of creative energy and ideas and I can't wait till we all meet again. I'm sure that a lot of really cool, positive things are going to come out of those meetings, plus we looked FAB as hell in those pics. I'm going to misss youuuu!!! But we'll keep in touch, and time will go by super quickly and without noticing we'll soon be having bubble tea or 2x1 milkshakes and heart-to-heart chats again. Best of luck on your trips and bring the best and brightest!! Hugsies!!!
ReplyDelete