Monday, October 12, 2015

The Wool Boater Hat: I'm on board, y'all!

YOOOOOOOOO.How is it Monday already?! The last week and weekend blasted by me, y'all. I've pretty much been going hard every day after leaving San Diego with a career fair on Thursday, an amazing women's event on Friday, Disneyland on Saturday and Santa Monica shenanigans on Sunday. It has been HOT HOT HOT down here, for reals. 100+ degrees at Disneyland on Saturday! The girls (HI TEAL :D) and I almost died, but anything for Disneyland, AMIRIGHT?! Thankfully I don't have an event until later this evening so I'm taking the day to really catch up on email (and blog posts, duh :D).

I feel good about my packing choices this trip, especially with my easygoing dresses. They've been working well for the weather and the vibes here in LA. However, I've found it a bit difficult to feel fully dressed without all of the layers I'm used to adding at home in Seattle. In my attempt to acclimate, I'm taking up style inspo from my blogger baes, Katrina and Dara, who were also down in LA this weekend. And by "style inspo" I mean I'm literally wearing Katrina's shoes and I asked Dara show me exactly where she bought this hat (and promptly purchased it myself) after seeing her style it! Figuring out what to wear is still kind of hard sometimes, even for someone who considers fashion to be a hobby. I'm thankful for being surrounded by style mavens that can show me how it's done!

Alright, now it's time to do laundry. It's my first time EVER doing laundry on the road, lol. The price you have to pay to avoid hauling around a huge luggage case, y'all. Wish me luck :) Until we meet again!

IMG_2672 IMG_2672
IMG_2672 IMG_2672

Classic Fit & Flaire Forever 21, exact currently sold out, try this one
Wool Boater Hat Forever 21, exact
Caged Booties borrowed from Katrina, similar here

1 comment:

  1. Look at you, looking so Californian and all! This style totally fits you like a glove, it's girly, fun, looks super comfy, and OMG 100 degree weather in October?!?! That's insane! At least you prepared yourself and had light clothing to wear during the weekend boo! I'm so glad that you were able to have such an amazing weekend with your gals, makes me so much wanna be there with you guys to enjoy Disneyland! Sounds super fun! I know those recruiting events can be very tiring but hold on, you'll see you'll be flying back to Seattle (and to me!) in no time :) sending you all my positive energy and all good vibes so time flies by super quick! Hugsies, will continue to follow you (and know about everything that's going on) through your blog :P love yaaaa!!!

    ReplyDelete