Happy Friday, fun time friends! Today on le blog, I want to revisit health and fitness. I've talked about this on occasion around here. As my good friend Margeaux from Just the Regular Type would put it, I'm all about the self-love, self-care and self-acceptance. Well, this past month and a half I've struggled a bit to make myself a priority. Work stuff. Family stuff. Friend stuff. Bae stuff. Mostly good things, some not-as-good things, but all thrown together it's been difficult to find time, energy, and more critically, motivation to get myself to the gym. Thankfully with life slowing down a little, I'm gearing up to make my me-time more of a priority.
I do much better with gym time when I'm on a consistent, regular schedule. Since becoming a recruiter, that's honestly just not possible and I have struggled adjusting over this past year. Summer is especially difficult, with a lot of one-off evening events for interns. So my strategy for now is to plan my workouts at the beginning of each week, trying to weave between all the social events and work events on the cal. Although for reals, I think my main struggle right now is the motivation part. I legitimately feel SO tired at the end of the day. I am wary of pushing myself too hard, so striking that balance has been a bit tricky but I am realizing that I think I'm at that point where I need to push myself a bit more.
So, excellent timing from Momentum, an athletic and inspired jewelry line, when they asked me if I'd like to give one of their pieces a spin. I was immediately taken with their comfy wrap bracelets featuring metal plates that you can customize with a motivational saying of your choice. There were a lot of awesome messages to choose from like, "Beast Mode" and "like a BOSS" but my favorite was "Make it Happen" as I think this applies to my attitude towards more than just working out. Getting shit done at work, at home, at the gym- "Make it Happen" is something I tell myself when I feel myself going into slug mode.
Mitch has also been an outstanding cheerleader and encourager. It's good to have someone to hold me accountable. He knows when I need to push myself and when I'm being too hard on myself. Gotta give him a shoutout for being amazeballs :) Okay friends! Now that I've declared my determination, it's time for a late night run! See you next week!
I do much better with gym time when I'm on a consistent, regular schedule. Since becoming a recruiter, that's honestly just not possible and I have struggled adjusting over this past year. Summer is especially difficult, with a lot of one-off evening events for interns. So my strategy for now is to plan my workouts at the beginning of each week, trying to weave between all the social events and work events on the cal. Although for reals, I think my main struggle right now is the motivation part. I legitimately feel SO tired at the end of the day. I am wary of pushing myself too hard, so striking that balance has been a bit tricky but I am realizing that I think I'm at that point where I need to push myself a bit more.
So, excellent timing from Momentum, an athletic and inspired jewelry line, when they asked me if I'd like to give one of their pieces a spin. I was immediately taken with their comfy wrap bracelets featuring metal plates that you can customize with a motivational saying of your choice. There were a lot of awesome messages to choose from like, "Beast Mode" and "like a BOSS" but my favorite was "Make it Happen" as I think this applies to my attitude towards more than just working out. Getting shit done at work, at home, at the gym- "Make it Happen" is something I tell myself when I feel myself going into slug mode.
Mitch has also been an outstanding cheerleader and encourager. It's good to have someone to hold me accountable. He knows when I need to push myself and when I'm being too hard on myself. Gotta give him a shoutout for being amazeballs :) Okay friends! Now that I've declared my determination, it's time for a late night run! See you next week!





No comments:
Post a Comment