Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Summer to Fall Transition: The Long Line Layering Vest

Hello loves! I am currently in transit from Detroit to Seattle. I cannot properly express how excited I am to be on my way home. Although, I am going to fiercely miss Penn State for sure. This last week has been so ridiculously busy and so wildly wonderful at the same time. I spent Tuesday - Friday last week on campus (including travel days), and then flew home to be a photomaid in my best friend's wedding. Yea, you heard that right. Photomaid = Photographer + Bridesmaid. Headed back out on Sunday for events on Monday and Tuesday and now returning home for a few days before I head down to socal this weekend. We met hundreds of students during our week here, running through more than 50 large pizzas and consuming so many cups of boba. I pulled two all nighters to stay on top of email and ate a grilled sticky every single day. I had so much fun hanging with my team of alumni and am so grateful for all of their help getting through this week. I loved being able to spend so much time with students and even though I got a bit of a head cold at the end, it was totally worth it to be able to connect with so many individuals.

That's a bit of an update of what my life looks like right now. It doesn't leave a whole lot of time for blogging, but I'm stealing this time before I board for myself!! Today I'm sharing a combo courtesy of my fall haul. This long line vest has been unbelievably versatile. It's a great layering piece for EVERYTHING (thanks for the find, Niky!). My favorite pairing at the moment is with my forest green loose a-line. I feel so cool and casual moving around in these pieces. And the best part is, this outfit was truly effortless to throw together. I love those pieces that "top off" an outfit. This vest is able to turn simple pieces into a chic, pulled together look. It has been absolutely indispensable for me when I want to look a little extra amaze but am running low on time.

Ah, it looks like I'll be the very last to board this flight! Gotta run, but can't wait to catch you guys on the flip side.

IMG_2672 IMG_2672
IMG_1362 IMG_1368
IMG_1383

Classic Fit & Flare Dress Forever 21, exact
Long Lined Vest Forever 21, in-stores only
Buckled Booties Forever 21, similar (love these!)

Here's a selection of long line vests to help you get started with that fall transition! I've picked up the black one in-stores and I can't wait to style it for the blog. Totally one of those, WTF on the hanger but OMG on my body pieces :)

V1 A V2 A V3 A V4 A
V1 B V2 B V3 B V4 B
$34.90 | $29.90 | $32.90 | $29.90

No comments:

Post a Comment