A happy hello from home, my friends! I spent the first part of this week recruiting at Harvey Mudd and running around Disneyland with my bfferboo, Kasey. I got to meet some pretty stellar kids and enjoy the warm, California sunshine but I can't lie; it feels so good to be home. Being on the road is a core part of my job and I love meeting super awesome students in person, but it's hard being away from bae, my own bed, my whole closet and my friends. I'm looking forward to enjoying the rest of this week and the next at home and in the office!
Today, I'm showing off one of the loveliest gifts I have ever received! Hector brought home this phenomenally gorgeous, hand crafted rainbow poncho from an artisan in his homeland of Mexico. Hector always goes out of his way to make time in his busy schedule to catch up with me when we're both home and the last time we met up, he surprised me with this! Typically, I'm the person in my relationships that schedules all of the meetups. It's just what you do when you're an ESFJ. I don't mind it, but it really means so much when that particular action is reciprocated. Basically what I'm saying is, I love you, Hector!
Back to the outfit :) The best part was the poncho perfectly complimented what I was already wearing and actually elevated the entire look altogether. This is something I would never think to buy for myself, but doesn't this just scream Kim?! Talk about some serious gift giving skillz. I can't wait to experiment with this piece more. It seems to have this unexpected way of going with just about everything, especially since I've been on such a basics vibe this season.
Alright, loves. That's what I got for you for now! See you soon!
Today, I'm showing off one of the loveliest gifts I have ever received! Hector brought home this phenomenally gorgeous, hand crafted rainbow poncho from an artisan in his homeland of Mexico. Hector always goes out of his way to make time in his busy schedule to catch up with me when we're both home and the last time we met up, he surprised me with this! Typically, I'm the person in my relationships that schedules all of the meetups. It's just what you do when you're an ESFJ. I don't mind it, but it really means so much when that particular action is reciprocated. Basically what I'm saying is, I love you, Hector!
Back to the outfit :) The best part was the poncho perfectly complimented what I was already wearing and actually elevated the entire look altogether. This is something I would never think to buy for myself, but doesn't this just scream Kim?! Talk about some serious gift giving skillz. I can't wait to experiment with this piece more. It seems to have this unexpected way of going with just about everything, especially since I've been on such a basics vibe this season.
Alright, loves. That's what I got for you for now! See you soon!





I'm so happy you liked your present boo!! I can't believe how incredible you look in this poncho. The poncho just falls on you warmly, and the fringe looks amazing with your long hair, it's as if it were an extension to your own hair. Initially I thought maybe the colors were too much, but as if we weren't in enough sync already, the dress you were wearing that day totally came to live with all the colors of the poncho, and your incredible sense of styling with the boots and the watch just worked like a charm. That day was also super ultra fun! It's when we ran into Dona and we were all just talking about fashion and stuff, and people were just walking by probably thinking "why do these 3 look so fab!?!?".
ReplyDeleteIt's so interesting to know you're an ESFJ (I could totally sense your caregiving qualities even before having to label it with a test, but it all makes sense to me!) You're extremely extroverted and you're always thinking about making other people's lives better, I mean, you're a recruiter! You make dreams come true to so many!. I'm actually an ENFJ if I remember from when I last took that test. Maybe that's why we get along so well, because we have so many things in common but still we have some differences, and we help each other out with that tiny piece we're missing. And I love how committed you are to our friendship as well :) every time I see you my day just gets better and better. Okay, maybe I went too long on this post, but it's just that these past few weeks I noticed exactly that you're mentioning as well and it's good to see we both fell the same way about each other. I can't wait to see in which other creative, amazing ways you style this poncho, but most importantly, I can't wait to see what life has for each of us in the future, but I know that we're going to experience it together and look great while doing it!!