Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Watercolor Shorts and a Boxy Top alt title: Shorts for Work

Happy Hump Day, loved ones. Today I am super excited to share an outfit I picked up while traveling with my beloved Jade in Portland. Ain't no shopping like tax free shopping! Can I get a what what?! Haha. Seattle is poised to have one of the hottest summers ever and my beautiful work building has not been the most awesome with air conditioning. So, shorts to work it is! I'm lucky to work in an environment where I get to wear whatever the fuck I want. I'm an advocate for using common sense when it comes to appropriateness of clothing, but I do tend to toe the line a little. You know, test limits, push boundaries, all that jazz.

I love these shorts because although while short, their styling makes them more on the sophisticated dressy side. I know, sophisticated shorts... sounds too good to be true. I made sure to pair these shorts with something that would offset the fact that they are shorts. Enter, this beautifully textured boxy top! I've been wanting to try this shape, especially after hanging out with Nini. She pulls this trend off like none other! I'm looking forward to trying this top out more this summer. And last but not least, finishing this off with my brand new (and first pair of!) Birkenstocks. Not gonna lie, old-style birks are not awesome (really, what I'm trying to say is I think they're super fugly). But new-style birks, I give you an A+! They are super comfy and have been so clutch in my day to day. I've been doing a lot of running back and forth between buildings these days, it's great to have a pair of shoes that will love and support you throughout the entire day :)

Hope you guys are having a good week! See you in a few days!

IMG_2672 IMG_2672
IMG_2672 IMG_2672
Textured Crosshatch Dolman Tee exact, I also like this one and this one.
Watercolor Floral Short Forever 21, exact, also matching blazer!
Mayari Crisscross Strap Sandal Birkenstock via Nordstrom Rack, exact style, different color

4 comments:

  1. oooo love it! and I totally just ordered some birks too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what I was talking about!! You look so chic, so stylish, and only you can rock those shorts at work like nobody else! I also really love the proportion of the boxy top to the shorts, and the pale colors are really growing on me, you look so natural in these lower tones. I didn't know Birkenstock had those types of shoes as well!! I've been planning to get some sandals for this summer, so maybe Birks are going to be the way to go. Love you booo!! Hopefully see you next week

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing + bought these things tax free + are comfy and mobile in those actually cute Birks = LIVING THE DREAM

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing + bought these things tax free + are comfy and mobile in those actually cute Birks = LIVING THE DREAM

    ReplyDelete