July is my favorite month of summer. The season is in full swing and it feels like it will never end. This July has been a little crazier than others. My social and work calendars are AT capacity and they're beginning to blur together. At work, I feel like I've fully settled into recruiting, but there's never enough time to annihilate the to-do list. Leaving things unfinished at work has always been a struggle for me. At home, I haven't figured out my workout/food schedule, but summer always tends to disrupt that part of my life anyways. I'm not going to lie, this month has been hard to keep up with. So when the opportunity came up for me to make a getaway, I jumped at the chance.
I was adopted for a week by the incredible Wright Family for 4th of July week! Grandpa Dick and Grandma Diane welcomed me into their new lake home near Kalamazoo, MI. My favorite grown up friends, Richard and Meghan have the best kids, Addison and Richie, and I can never get enough time with them. Richard's brother Chris and his boyfriend Ben became my new GBFs for the week! I love the gays. Seriously, you guys are my people. Let me have your babies!
I left the house a total of 3 times the entire week. Once to run a jenky 5K, once to visit Richard's awesome cousin Sara and once to visit the urgent care clinic- because it's not a real adventure unless you make it to the hospital! The week consisted of yummy buttery/cheese based meals, getting out onto the water every day, learning how to water ski, spending quality time with quality people and some quiet work time.
I love you, America. And the people that call you the motherland.









No comments:
Post a Comment