Monday, June 30, 2014

Adventure is out there!

If you only know me from this blog, you may think that my only interest in life is pretty clothing and pretty pictures. Let's be real though, it is more than likely that you found your way over here because I share the shit out of my blog via my facebook. If you've ever had your newsfeed blessed with one of my weekly (read: daily) photo dumps (15,000 and counting!), then you know I'm all over the place. Typically, those photo dumps are accompanied by a short, cheery description and some kim-trying-to-be-funny captions. Pictures are my favorite way to share, but they can only tell so much of the story and usually it is the powdered sugar coated version. What I'm trying to say with this intro is, I want Twenty Something Style to be about my twenties. And my twenties are spent on a lot more than putting on clothes. So get ready for all of it. It is happening!

At Microsoft, I am part of the Intern Social Coordinator (ISC) club. We are paired up and given a group of ~20 interns for the summer and a modest budget to show them all the glory of the PNW. So far, we've been to an indoor trampoline warehouse and on the Seattle Underground Tour. For our next event, we wanted to showcase what may be the best thing the PNW has to offer- it's natural beauty. This lush climate has fostered opportunity for all forms of outdoor activities and has encouraged PNW inhabitants to cultivate active lifestyles.

We took Team BestISC to the Northwest Trek Wildlife Park. My previous lead turned me on to the idea. It's one of his favorite ways to show his foreign exchange students the PNW. The main attractions at the park are a 1 hour long tram tour and several zip lining courses for various skill/risk levels. You can also take a walk through the beautiful forest and learn about the local animals and plants. Northwest Trek is located in Eatonville, WA- less than 1.5 hours away from Seattle.

We did the Adventure Course. It took about an hour to get through the entire course and included several zip lines and various obstacles. My favorite part was definitely zipping through the trees! The biggest bummer was that we had to go in a single file line so the wait to get started was a tad long, but we had great company to hang with. Once you made it up the rock wall, the adventure went pretty quickly. From what I understand of similar ziplining activities, Northwest Trek is incredibly high value for the cost. A similar course would certainly cost 2-3 times anywhere else. It made for a great day trip and I highly recommend this adventure if you're in the area. Make sure to make reservations for zip lining courses ahead of time.


IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2662

IMG_2688

IMG_2688

IMG_2727

IMG_2672 IMG_2662

IMG_2672 IMG_2662

IMG_2672

Until next time, wilderness explorers!

1 comment:

  1. Which course did you do? I'm gonna try and convince my boss into taking our team!

    http://www.nwtrek.org/zipwild/

    ReplyDelete