Saturday, June 14, 2014

Read More. Write More. Live More.

I had a lovely day with a dear friend today. We shared a brunch that lasted long after our food was devoured, reminiscing on a friendship that has been ongoing for more than 10 years now. Blogging came up as one of our topics. I adore style blogs and am quite inspired by the beautiful photography, creative styling and perfectly poised girls. I felt so inspired that I started this fashion blog of my own. I used it to share my daily outfits. Having the blog motivated me to put my best heel forward every day. It was so much fun at first- the possibility of fashion fame kept me going. Eventually, the daily task of photographing, photoshopping and posting became too obligatory and I deprioritized this blog. Last holiday season, I tried for a revival, but it was short lived.

Now, I am thinking about why I want to blog again. Personal style is something that I am truly passionate about and I love taking photos. I originally started this blog as a way to share that. However, it is so much easier to share via social media and eventually I let my laziness take over. It's not enough to use this blog just post outfits and give stats on where/how I procured my articles of clothing. I can just do that with a quick caption on facebook or instagram. Moving forward, I want to challenge myself to write more.

I have always felt adverse towards writing. I took every honors course possible at my high school, unless I knew it would require a substantial amount of writing. For whatever reason, I didn't feel confident about my writing abilities and as a young, competitive girl, I only had the courage to do things I felt I could succeed in. Perhaps it was because English was a second language for my parents. So although they pushed me to excel in math and science, they didn't push me in my English and writing classes. Regardless, because I was unwillingly to challenge myself, I feel my writing skills were stunted.

Well, as they say, it's never too late to learn! And it's never too late to try to improve yourself.

I still intend to blog personal style posts. It will probably continue to remain the bulk of what I share! Thinking ahead, I hope to write more about my career, my feelings, my relationships, my life- all the things that this twenty-something spends a lot of her life energy doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment