Hi Friends! Ah, it's been a while! I've been on travel for work for 10 days now. So far, I've been to 3 different schools, sourced through 5 career fair's worth of resumes, eaten A TON of yummy things and all in all, been having a blast. Not gonna lie though, haven't been getting as much sleep as I should. It's been confirmed, I have workaholic tendencies that tend to carry me through the wee hours of the night.
Road life has it's ups and downs. On the one hand, I have been meeting some incredible students and this is without a doubt what I should be doing with my career. It's a dream to get to explore these beautiful college campuses and learn about these tight knit communities. But, as you can imagine, being away from home for an extended period of time can wear down on you. Luckily, I've been able to bring AMAZING alumni and coworkers with me to each school and that has absolutely made all the difference. Special shout out to my former work mates/hella BFFs, Nick and Kasey. No joke, Kasey and Nick were in their pajamas sorting resumes with me until 2 AM the other night. Having a good support system is everything. I've also been feeling lots of love from my teammates. I miss seeing everyone on a daily basis at home, but we have a group chat on our windows phones and we send each other pictures, videos, and my favorite- choice quotes from candidates.
Currently, I'm hanging out in the Philadelphia airport waiting for my connection to State College. Thought I should take the opportunity to catch up on a little blogging with a Mitch Monday post! :) Mitch has been an awesome boyfriend through all of this, texting me words of encouragement and making time for long chats and skype sessions. We are no strangers to long distance, but it's still hard for me to be apart from him so it's appropriate that my first post in a while is just a slew of bae pics, haha.
For this week's Mitch Monday, let's revisit our beautifully blue visit to Crater Lake! I'm glad Mitch happened to be wearing a blue shirt on that day. Paired with his grey pants, all the photos of him are a cool monochromatic theme.
Road life has it's ups and downs. On the one hand, I have been meeting some incredible students and this is without a doubt what I should be doing with my career. It's a dream to get to explore these beautiful college campuses and learn about these tight knit communities. But, as you can imagine, being away from home for an extended period of time can wear down on you. Luckily, I've been able to bring AMAZING alumni and coworkers with me to each school and that has absolutely made all the difference. Special shout out to my former work mates/hella BFFs, Nick and Kasey. No joke, Kasey and Nick were in their pajamas sorting resumes with me until 2 AM the other night. Having a good support system is everything. I've also been feeling lots of love from my teammates. I miss seeing everyone on a daily basis at home, but we have a group chat on our windows phones and we send each other pictures, videos, and my favorite- choice quotes from candidates.
Currently, I'm hanging out in the Philadelphia airport waiting for my connection to State College. Thought I should take the opportunity to catch up on a little blogging with a Mitch Monday post! :) Mitch has been an awesome boyfriend through all of this, texting me words of encouragement and making time for long chats and skype sessions. We are no strangers to long distance, but it's still hard for me to be apart from him so it's appropriate that my first post in a while is just a slew of bae pics, haha.
For this week's Mitch Monday, let's revisit our beautifully blue visit to Crater Lake! I'm glad Mitch happened to be wearing a blue shirt on that day. Paired with his grey pants, all the photos of him are a cool monochromatic theme.
Totally swooning of these pictures of the bae right now. Apparently, he's been spending a ton of time at the gym in my absence. Totes looking forward to coming home to even bigger and better guns!
BLEEERRRRGGGHHHHH. Missing the big guy extra right now.
Also need to throw in this picture of Mt. Shasta. Mother Earth, you are amazing! Anyways, y'all! I have have just a couple more posts to share on the road trip and then I can get started on posting about my new travels around Texas and Durham!







The color palette of these pics is amazing! And Mount Shasta looks majestic in the last picture. Superb photos overall!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Hector!!!
ReplyDelete