Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Oregon Sand Dunes

IMG_2672

Mitch and I ended up doing some unexpected adventure activities towards the end of the trip. One of which was racing ATVs across some of Oregon's amazing sand dunes. Obviously, I won the race. Just kidding! Mitch was far more comfortable on the four wheeler than I was, but I was able to keep up by the end of the day.

This was an impromptu adventure. We were expecting to use our Coos Bay airbnb as a quick stop to save ourselves a ton of driving through Oregon. Not gonna lie, there wasn't a whole lot to do in this area. However, Mitch is super clutch and discovered that we were right in the middle of Dune country! He found us this AMAZING deal from a new ATV rental company in the area, Sunbuggy Rentals. ROGO: Rent 1 hour on a Honda 250 EX and get 1 hour free! SUCH A GOOD DEAL! We both got 2 hours on our own vehicles for $42 each! It looks like they've increased their prices by almost double since we visited, which is a super bummer, but they're still running the ROGO deal. The other catch is that you have to go at 9 AM M-F. Lucky for us, this happened to fit perfectly into our schedule.

We had a really fun time checking out the Hauser beach area. If you're looking for a fun Oregon adventure, I highly recommend riding the dunes! You can find more information on the area here. Also! I suggest bringing a phone or some type of GPS device, or at the very least pay attention to signs while you're out there. Mitch and I came pretty close to getting lost in the endless dunes! Haha. We made it out though, with no help from my intuitive direction skills ;)


IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672

IMG_2672

Oh man. That is maybe one of the cutest selfies we've ever taken together. And now it is immortalized on the internet forever. lawls. Hang gliding is up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment