Friday, September 26, 2014

KIMono

It feels SO GOOD to be back in the PNW! Even if it's just for a week, I am so grateful to be home! Mitch picked me up from the airport and we had an awesome afternoon together on Wednesday eating at my favorite vegetarian restaurant and catching an IMAX at the Pacific Science Center. I spent all day yesterday and most of today up to my eyeballs in phone interviews and laundry. I can't complain though, it's been wonderful to be back.

Today, I snuck away from the phone to be with the beautiful Katrina for lunch. Being away from your good friends is one of the tough parts of extended work travel so I'm trying to maximize friend time while I can! Katrina and I started hanging out this summer and bonded over blogging. It's been incredible connecting with someone else over photography and fashion. Our friendship has evolved into much more than pretty clothes and pictures but I love that our blogs give us an excuse to see each other on a weekly basis (when we're both home!) We were chatting about this the other day... making friends in your adult life is a lot harder than when we were in school. In college you're surrounded by other people your age with similar interests via your classes, clubs, sports teams, etc. As a young adult, we're so busy with our own careers and our other relationships that it doesn't leave a whole lot of room for new experiences and new people. So I am extra grateful to have met Kat and a lot of the amazing people that I did over this summer. I'm looking forward to carrying these relationships into the new season and beyond!

Speaking of which, Fall is officially here! Summer is my favorite but I do appreciate the coolness of Fall. One of the pieces that I have become obsessed with for this season is the Kimono. You don't see me wearing pants very often, but honestly, with all the running around you do as a recruiter, pants are very practical. In recent years, I never felt truly satisfied with my silhouette in pants, and more specifically, jeans. It had nothing to do with my body. I just didn't feel fierce enough in jeans, you know what I mean? Enter, THE KIMONO. I feel fancy as fuck with all this fabric swirling around me as I move. Especially this one because it's floor length. It's rare that you come across a completely new, unique article of clothing. The kimono has opened up opportunities for so many different looks and styles. I am looking forward to finding cool ways to style this piece!


IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672

IMG_2672

IMG_2672

Kimono, Boots, Bag, Tank Forever 21 | Jeans Gap | Scarf from Thailand

PS. I love you, Katrina! Thank you for being my friend :)

1 comment:

  1. I am in LOVE with the KIMono! Totally digging that style on you, looks so ethereal and I like the easiness of the outfit overall.

    ReplyDelete