Saturday, September 6, 2014

Electic Arcata

Currently in Texas! YEEEHAAAWWWW! Catching up on a few more road trip posts :) This time, I want to share our awesomely unique Airbnb in Arcata, California. We picked Arcata as our last city in California because it is the gateway to the Redwoods. We were looking forward to enjoying the magnificent Redwoods on our drive to Oregon the next morning, but I was equally excited for our Airbnb stay with Laurel Skye, a world renowned mosaic artist who works out of her home with her daughter, Marley. When I saw her home's pictures on her Airbnb listing, I knew we had to stay there. I had never seen anything like it before! Let me show you what I mean.


IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672

IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672


SERIOUSLY YOU GUYZ. How exciting is their home?! Laurel's house absolutely exceeded my expectations in real life. There were so many interesting things to take in and each piece had its own story that Laurel was more than happy to share with us. My favorite works of art were the ones that Laurel and Marley had made themselves! The best part of staying at Laurel's home was hanging out with Laurel. She set out a beautiful spread for breakfast the next morning and we felt so privileged to have share a couple hours of conversation with this bold, beautiful, interesting woman who has led such a full life. I found Laurel's story empowering. If you ever have the opportunity to stay with her, hopefully you'll be lucky enough to hear her story yourself.


IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672

IMG_2672

Until we meet again, Darma girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment