Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Grocery Store Flowers

IMG_2672

Hi, Friends! Sharing something a little different on the blog today. Before heading out for travel, there were quite a few folks at work that I wanted to thank for being insanely clutch during the last days of summer. I think it's important to thank the folks that do things to make your life better. It doesn't have to be lavish. A simple, heartfelt verbal acknowledgement goes a long way. I enjoy making more extravagant gestures, though :) And who doesn't love fresh flowers and chocolates?

I wanted to give away 8 sets of flowers. For one of them, I just straight up purchased a bouquet from Trader Joe's. It was for Kasey's first day of school and I knew she'd be tickled by the purple poms. For the remaining seven, there wasn't a large enough selection from the ready made bouquets so I decided to just make it up! I grabbed the healthiest looking flowers available. 2 bunches of mini sunflowers, a bunch of lime green flowers and a bunch of pretty pink flowers. I'll get better with flower names, I promise! They cost me about $15. I then grabbed a set of mason jars from Target that were a complete steal at less than $1 a piece. I had no idea they were so cheap! So basically, I was able to make seven mini bouquets for about $3 a set!


IMG_2672

IMG_2672

I started out by laying out all the flowers in groups on the table. I alternated between grabbing 1 - 2 stems of each type of flower and arranging them while holding them in my hands. Once I had an arrangement that I was happy with, I cut the stems down to a height that I thought looked pretty with the jars and plopped them in. Easy as 1-2-3!

IMG_2672 IMG_2672 IMG_2672

I also found these SUPER CUTE thank you cards at Target. Gold foiled whales on a deep blue background, I die! I had a lot of fun surprising my amazing coworkers with the flowers. I think I'm hooked on the high I get when I'm able to make people feel appreciated. I also just love all things pretty, especially beautiful blooms. I might make this a regular thing.

Thank you for reading and in turn, making my little blog a happier place!

2 comments:

  1. Those bouquets look lovely! Putting them inside mason jars definitely made them look prettier. Your co-workers must've been surprised by your sweet gifts, Kimmy. You are such a thoughtful person. Thanks for sharing that great idea! Kudos and all the best to you! :)

    Geneva Brooks @ Bayside Just Because

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Geneva! I love gifting! Especially flowers, something to bring cheer in the present. I think it's time to do another round!

      Delete