Happy Friday, movers and shakers! I'm back in Seattle and it feels good to be home. This recruiting season, I've been so mindful about creating efficient event schedules so I can spend a bit more time at home. I'm basically trading more time on planes for more days with bae. Well worth the trade off! Today is his birthday and I am so happy that I get to be home to celebrate with him and few friends. I'm here for the weekend before I'm off for another solid work week running between State College, PA and College Station TX!
Today on the blog, I'm wearing a date night outfit from last week! Mitch and I are all about our weekly dinner and a movie ritual. Not gonna lie, lately I've been lazy and opt for the comfy leggings plus cardigan option. You know when you come home from a long day after a long week of work and immediately need to take off EVERYTHING?! It makes getting dressed for date night a real struggle, but I'm committed to bringing the magic back! I've realized that Mitch basically only sees me in my pajamas. He leaves for work before I can even get myself out of bed on most days and returns home after I've managed to get back into my pajamas. Perhaps this needs to be an official February goal. haha!
Anyways, I love how Seattle weather appropriate AND glam this outfit is. It's hard to pull that off in the winter! The black pieces balance out the statement necklace and statement skirt. Does that top look familiar? It's my favorite fall sweater dress that I've used as a top! Ever since my NYE outfit, I'm really into this dress-as-a-top thing! Versatility is a virtue :) I hope your weeks are wrapping up nicely. See you after the weekend, lovelies!
Today on the blog, I'm wearing a date night outfit from last week! Mitch and I are all about our weekly dinner and a movie ritual. Not gonna lie, lately I've been lazy and opt for the comfy leggings plus cardigan option. You know when you come home from a long day after a long week of work and immediately need to take off EVERYTHING?! It makes getting dressed for date night a real struggle, but I'm committed to bringing the magic back! I've realized that Mitch basically only sees me in my pajamas. He leaves for work before I can even get myself out of bed on most days and returns home after I've managed to get back into my pajamas. Perhaps this needs to be an official February goal. haha!
Anyways, I love how Seattle weather appropriate AND glam this outfit is. It's hard to pull that off in the winter! The black pieces balance out the statement necklace and statement skirt. Does that top look familiar? It's my favorite fall sweater dress that I've used as a top! Ever since my NYE outfit, I'm really into this dress-as-a-top thing! Versatility is a virtue :) I hope your weeks are wrapping up nicely. See you after the weekend, lovelies!
Sweater Dress worn as Top Forever 21, exact
Skirt JC Penny, similar styles
Oversized Blazer H&M, similar
Shoes Jessica Simpson, similar here
Statement Necklace Amrita Singh, similar styles
I LOVE me some glam Kim, you look gorgeous here honey! I know what you mean, I also take off my work clothes as soon as I get home and put myself in some sloppy sweatpants haha and if a plan comes up then it's just another opportunity to wear something else on that day :D. My closet probably doesn't appreciate that. I'm glad you're back!! Hope you have a great weekend!!!
ReplyDeleteCan't tell you how awesome it is to see you rework the beloved turtleneck dress!! Looking fab, lady!
ReplyDelete