Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Orange and Teal

Hi Friendz! Sounding off from Durham, North Carolina this week! I'm in town meeting and recruiting Duke students for software engineering positions at Le Microsoft. And also eating. The Downtown Durham food scene has some serious game and these trips typically involve me gallivanting from food stop to food stop with the alumni between recruiting activities.

One of the most annoying things about travelling is packing! Although, I think I've finally gotten this whole "one week of your life into one carry-on bag" thing down. I took exactly three outfits for each day of recruiting activities, enough spandex for three hot yoga sessions (found a studio 1 mile from my hotel!) and I'm using the same outfit for both travel days (yoga leggings, comfy sweater and a vest). I was able to get everything into my osprey 40 liter including an extra pair of shoes! This probably isn't something to gloat about since I used the same osprey for a 3 week adventure around Asia but WHATEVER! Hippie travel clothing does not pack the same same as work travel clothing, amiright?!

This outfit I'm sharing on the blog today is similar to the outfits I packed for recruiting activities. A recruiter uniform is usually a branded logo shirt and jeans, but I try to dress how I'd normally dress at home. Not to hate on jeans and a tshirt because sometimes I feel that vibe too, but it's not actually what I feel most comfortable in. I want to feel like ME when I'm on the ground meeting the kiddies. Lately, what feels most like me is a lot of color and A-lines. I feel like I can get shit done in an outfit like this and still feel good about what I'm wearing. Thanks for reading! See you at the end of the week, y'all!

IMG_2672 IMG_2672
IMG_2672 IMG_2672
Fit and Flare Dress Forever 21, exact
White Moto Jacket Forever 21, similar
Lace up Booties DSW, similar
Pashmina from Thailand

3 comments:

  1. This outfit is perfect for meeting the kiddies haha I'm sure you'll give them a great impression of how fashionable Microsoft people can be :D thanks for being an ambassador to all of us! Good luck in your travels :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GEEKS CAN BE PRETTY TOO, RIGHT?!

      Delete
    2. Right! By the way, I've nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blog award :) rules are on this post: http://geek-q.com/2015/01/21/black-on-black-back-to-school/. Hope you're having an awesome trip! <3 you!

      Delete