Happy hello, Friday friends! Welcome to the first style post of 2015!! After going back and forth on all the glitter in my closet, I finally pulled something together at the last minute to ring in 2015. (Literally, I sat around in sweats all evening until Mitch gave me the 20 minute warning for our dinner reservation). I was feeling particularly inspired by all of the gorgeous Oxblood holiday looks Nini over at The Nerdly Beautiful posted last week. While Kara and I were out shopping last weekend, I spotted this red sequin sheath dress and snatched it up. I like that the fit is more relaxed than other dresses of similar type. However, as much as I love the plethora of sparkles, I have to admit that the dress on it's own is pretty shapeless. My favorite shape for my body is fit and flare, especially when the fit hits right at the smallest part of my waist. I have A TON of f&f skirts and as I was looking through my closet, the idea came to me to pair one with this dress. The best match was this black number with some faux leather detailing and voila! The result is a pretty NYE look that slightly accommodates the chilliness of the PNW.
I also loved how low maintenance this outfit was throughout the night. Don't you hate having to pull down those tiny skirts? Not gonna lie, I LOVE wearing them, but they can get super annoying. This outfit was fantastic for dancing AND eating! :D We managed to procure reservations at Primo Pizza Parlor the day before. I called EVERY decent looking restaurant near Baltic room but of course they were all booked. BUT THEN I remembered Mitch's favorite pizza place. He discovered it for his birthday dinner and it has served as a lovely spot for small group get togethers. The setting is intimate and low key. The decor is actually pretty gorgeous AND their pizza is INCREDIBLE. Seriously, Seattlites, the next time you're craving a good pizza, check this place out!
I've loved reading all of the NYE reflection and outfit posts! I'm looking forward to continually being inspired by my fellow fashion bloggers in 2015. Wishing for peace and happiness for planet earth and all of its inhabitants this year. Thank you for reading, my friends. Your love and support is much appreciated. Special shoutout to Mitch for taking these photos for me. He's really good at making me laugh on purpose to capture my natural smile, or so he says. It's okay, I'm kind of into looking like a goon. Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to sharing a proper Mitch Monday post with y'all!!! YAY! See you next week!
I also loved how low maintenance this outfit was throughout the night. Don't you hate having to pull down those tiny skirts? Not gonna lie, I LOVE wearing them, but they can get super annoying. This outfit was fantastic for dancing AND eating! :D We managed to procure reservations at Primo Pizza Parlor the day before. I called EVERY decent looking restaurant near Baltic room but of course they were all booked. BUT THEN I remembered Mitch's favorite pizza place. He discovered it for his birthday dinner and it has served as a lovely spot for small group get togethers. The setting is intimate and low key. The decor is actually pretty gorgeous AND their pizza is INCREDIBLE. Seriously, Seattlites, the next time you're craving a good pizza, check this place out!
I've loved reading all of the NYE reflection and outfit posts! I'm looking forward to continually being inspired by my fellow fashion bloggers in 2015. Wishing for peace and happiness for planet earth and all of its inhabitants this year. Thank you for reading, my friends. Your love and support is much appreciated. Special shoutout to Mitch for taking these photos for me. He's really good at making me laugh on purpose to capture my natural smile, or so he says. It's okay, I'm kind of into looking like a goon. Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to sharing a proper Mitch Monday post with y'all!!! YAY! See you next week!








This dress is EVERYTHING! So stylish, simple, elegant, colorful, i.e. so you!! Can't wait for a new year of posts and collabs with you! I feel this year is gonna be fab!!! <3
ReplyDeleteHere's to us, Hector! 2015 is going to be hella fab!
Delete