Tuesday, January 6, 2015

January Focus

IMG_2672


Hidy Ho, Terrific Tuesday Friends!! Meep, I know! I'm posting on not MWF. I have a good reason, tho :) I've set aside MWF exclusively for style posts. When I want to occasionally post on other topics, I'll use other days of the week (i.e. Tuesday!). These will probably come and go on an inconsistent schedule, but I am looking forward to expanding a bit beyond style (no worries, my main motivation for this blog completely remains sharing my silly outfit posts!). After reading a goal post by one of my favorite bloggers, Love Darbie, I have taken to the idea of monthly goal setting. A monthly schedule keeps the focus of goals within reach and provides a great opportunity to reflect on a more regular basis as well. The following is what I have top of mind for this month.

Hit Body Burn 4x this month
Like most folks, the New Year motivates me to take up my fitness goals with a fresh perspective. Body Burn is currently my favorite workout class. Classes are every Monday and Wednesday and I have exactly 2 Mondays and 2 Wednesdays this month before I leave for winter recruitment travel! Already 1 down! Boom!

Workout 3x/week while on work travel
Not gonna lie, I am completely terrified of this one. Switching jobs last May was the best decision for my emotional health, but I completely used the job transition and extensive travel as an excuse to slack on my physical health. I'm using my two weeks of travel at the end of the month to figure this one out so I can be better prepared for Fall 2015.

Go to sleep with a tidy bedroom every night
Ah. This will also prove to be a bit challenging for me. Mitch thinks it's ridiculous that I have such a hard time keeping my room clean. I fell into the habit of sacrificing my room as the first thing to go unmaintained back in college and haven't developed good habits since then. Having friends visit for the holidays was the perfect excuse to deep clean my entire apartment so I shall strive to maintain this month and hopefully develop habits that last me through the year!

When I set out to write this post, I thought I'd have more goals to share. My main goal in life is to be happy and healthy. It sounds simple, but of course there are multiple moving pieces that contribute to that overall goal. The ones that I think are in pretty good shape are: maintaining a healthy relationship with bae, providing value at work, surrounding myself with good people and prioritizing time with my family. It's difficult to juggle everything and over the past few months, keeping my home in a state that is always welcoming and dedicating time to my physical health have fallen to the wayside. Having a clean home empowers me to feel productive and it's one less thing that could be bothering me. I tend to feel guilty when my room is a mess because more often than not, I'm sharing the space with Mitch. Being fit makes me feel strong and capable not just physically, but mentally as well.

Gotta say, it was helpful writing this out. I feel like I'll be able to focus on these goals with more intention. Do you guys have goals for the month or the new year? I'd love to hear them! We can keep each other accountable!

PS. If you're viewing my blog from a computer browser, I've added a new widget to my sidebar featuring all of the bloggers that I'm currently obsessing over right now. These are all people that I know in real life and love dearly. I trade outfit shots with Kat, Hector and Nini regularly. You'll find delicious vegetarian recipes and shenanigans in general over in Erin and Jade land. If you're in the mood for some career and life musings, Thompson and Kara are my faves. I love oogling over the fabulous, popular players of the fashion blog world, but to be honest, I find myself keeping up most with blogs penned by friends. Do you have a blog that you keep? I'd love to join your readership!

4 comments:

  1. I love when you expand your posts beyond fashion! I mean, your fashion posts are fabulous and you always look super flyyy, but you have a very relatable voice and I always feel super encouraged when you talk about life and other stuff. I don't have goals set for January yet! But thanks for making me think about that and I will try to come up with some because I do think it's important to have goals. As for your personal goals, good to go girl! I think you're really on-track as to what you want to achieve in the near future and that's awesome. Oh, and I also need to keep my room tidy!! My mom was here this weekend and she helped me clean it up a bit but I should finish what she started and also keep it that way the whole time. At least I don't have any more shopping bags full of clothes from Black Friday shopping lying on my floor! Yay for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support, Hector. It seriously means so much to me! Let's keep each other accountable for our goals this year! Haha, clean rooms are SO HARD THO. But seriously so nice.

      Delete
  2. I love this post Kimmy, thanks for sharing! Setting monthly goals is a smart way to keep track of your self development,I think I'm going to narrow down my new year resolutions to monthly targets. I'm with you on the working out part, I honestly need to step it up and try out new/fun ways to workout so I stay motivated haha. I'm thinking Zumba and Yoga :D

    PS I also obsess over your blog! <3

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Losing your metabolism is one of the saddest things ever, lol. Let me know if you want to try my weights class at the pro club (I can't remember if you're a member, but I think you are). It's a pretty effective way to get toned and the classes are pretty cheap if you buy them in a 10 pack, $7/each. If you decide to go for Hot Yoga, I'm all about that! There's a studio 5 minutes away from work that I've been wanting to try.

      Delete