HOWDY!!! Just made it back to Seattle from the most amazing trip to Texas! I turned 27 yesterday, Yeehaw! I don't have super big expectations for birthdays, but my Texas A&M alumni found out it was going to be my birthday while we were on the trip and went completely all out. So much Hello Kitty AND a DQ Ice Cream Cake?! They were seriously on point and I felt super special and lots of love from everyone around. This was one of my favorite trips of the year!!! The alumni spent a ton of time showing me around campus, sharing stories and explaining traditions. It was almost like having my own personal Fish Camp. I'm pretty sure my blood has turned a couple shades towards Maroon ;) AND of course I snapped up some sweet Aggie gear. I've decided that I'm obsessed with Texas. I get to go back at the end of next week to hang out at Rice. It's gonna be great!
Today on the blog, I'm remixing a whole bunch of pieces that you've seen before! This knit blazer has been in heavy rotation all season AND I just bought the long lined coat version last week! Looking forward to styling it for real life and the blog. I've recently posted these cooler than school white oxfords. Seriously, how cool are they? Ah. And you saw this dress in a different color a couple weeks back, but I'm wearing it as a skirt here. This sweater has been a fun piece this season as well! This necklace was gifted to me by my one and only, Katrina. She knows me so well!
I went through a rather large closet purge before heading to Texas and I'm looking to make better use of the clothing sitting in my closet. I'm playing around with the idea of either a limited shopping budget or no shopping at all (ugh, I don't think I can do it!) for an extended period of time. I've been SUPER inspired by Caroline of Unfancy, who is creating 37 piece capsule collections for each season of the year. Ah! Sounds so cool, but I don't think my aesthetic is at all conducive to such a minimal approach. So instead, I want to commit to fully utilizing what I have. I think a bit of documentation of my clothing situation is in order :D That's just a snapshot into what I've been thinking about clothing wise. I hope you guys have wonderful weekends!! And obligatory- GOOOOO HAAAAWWWWWWKKKKKSSSSSSSSS!
Today on the blog, I'm remixing a whole bunch of pieces that you've seen before! This knit blazer has been in heavy rotation all season AND I just bought the long lined coat version last week! Looking forward to styling it for real life and the blog. I've recently posted these cooler than school white oxfords. Seriously, how cool are they? Ah. And you saw this dress in a different color a couple weeks back, but I'm wearing it as a skirt here. This sweater has been a fun piece this season as well! This necklace was gifted to me by my one and only, Katrina. She knows me so well!
I went through a rather large closet purge before heading to Texas and I'm looking to make better use of the clothing sitting in my closet. I'm playing around with the idea of either a limited shopping budget or no shopping at all (ugh, I don't think I can do it!) for an extended period of time. I've been SUPER inspired by Caroline of Unfancy, who is creating 37 piece capsule collections for each season of the year. Ah! Sounds so cool, but I don't think my aesthetic is at all conducive to such a minimal approach. So instead, I want to commit to fully utilizing what I have. I think a bit of documentation of my clothing situation is in order :D That's just a snapshot into what I've been thinking about clothing wise. I hope you guys have wonderful weekends!! And obligatory- GOOOOO HAAAAWWWWWWKKKKKSSSSSSSSS!
Knit Blazer Forever 21, exact
Pleated Drop Waist Dress worn as Skirt Forever 21, similar (love this option!)
Embellished Crew Neck JCrew via Goodwill
Necklace Gifted, various options
Assorted Rings H&M, Forever 21
White Oxfords Urban Outfitters (on sale for $30!), similarish
Happy belated birthdayyy!!! I'm so glad to see you had a blast in Texas, that picture with the Hello Kitty cake and the princess tiara was hella cute. Just like you in this outfit! I love that you're refurbishing past items in new outfits, it just actually speaks about how versatile your clothes are. Also, closet purging is my next step as well! I started in December before my family was coming over, but I couldn't finish! And I should!! As I always say, old clothes need to make up space for new clothes to come. Will send you a invite right away to meet next week. And of courseeeeeee go haawwwksss!!! SEAAAAAAAA!!! HAWKSSSSSS!!!
ReplyDeleteHELLO KITTY EVERYTHING!!!! AH, HECTOR. I am seriously thinking about doing the 37 capsule thing. I can feel myself being attracted to more neutrals but I know "my thing" is that I wear a ridiculous amount of color. So much conflict!!!
DeleteGIVE. ME. THESE. SHOES!!! jk. kinda. not really though... so grateful that we're shoe size twins!! (real talk: these are probably tied with the strappy f21 heels in your closet for "shoes that I will most likely steal from Kim in the near future" haha)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see how you end up working through building a capsule collection. Knowing how big your existing closet is, this is going to be quite the journey for you and I can't wait to see the amazing things you're going to do!
Dude, sometimes impulse buys are the best buys. It's weird how these shoes honestly look NOTHING like what you'd expect to go into my closet but I've been able to find so many ways to wear these! And YES, duh you can borrow anything in my closet!
DeleteTHANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU for supporting me. This shit is gonna get cray!