Monday, November 16, 2015

Better from the Back

Hey y'all. So to be real real, I've been pretty bummed about world events over the last couple of days. I've been doing a lot of reading, watching news/discussion clips and talking things over with bae. It's a lot to process and something that's at the forefront of my mind, but not something I am going to discuss on the blog. I think Garance Dore, one of the chicest Frechwomen alive, expressed some of what I'm feeling quite eloquently.

So, we'll just keep moving forward, shall we?

Today I am channelling Katrina's mantra of "elevated basics" and going with longlined layers of black and heathered gray for a simple, pulled together look. I hate to admit it but this outfit took me 20 minutes and a complete decimation of my closet to pull together. I wore it for a blogger brunch/meet-up and wanted to go for a chill but chic vibe. It's funny that such a relaxed outfit took so much to pull together but I felt cool so I guess the closet cleanup was worth it :) I LOVE the way this outlook looks from behind. Dat split-back vest tho, y'all!

Alright my loves, I hope Monday is a blast! I have something special with Hector coming up on Wednesday, so see you back here on Hump day!




Heathered Longline Knit Jacket Forever 21, very similar
Split-Back Longline Vest Forever 21, exact
Black Midi Dress Forever 21, exact, additional option
White Oxfords Urban Outfitters, similar (love the vibe on these!)
Checkered Scarf, Forever 21, similar
Quilted Backpack Olivia+Joy via Ross, love both of these moderately priced options (1, 2)

2 comments:

  1. Okay I've been missing out on some of your posts lately. I totally remember this outfit as well!! You're such a trendsetter with this split-back vest, I feel it's going to be everywhere in a few months, you'll see. And the layering of items is so perfect here, the top coat allows some of the vest underneath to be seen, and then this one shows your beautiful dress from the front, so nothing is really occluded while you're wearing 3 layers of clothing! 4 if you count the scarf! And those oxfords tho, love how graphic and modern this look is. Monochrome also looks really good on you, you nailed this from head to toe!

    ReplyDelete