Sunday, February 1, 2015

Joggers, Chambray, and Getting Dressed

Hello, Monday Milkshake Lovers :) I've been home for a couple days and it feels wonderful. I was all over the place last week and I could tell I was scatterbrained from reviewing my writing from the last few posts, lol. The hustle and bustle of travelling has made me cherish down time at home more than ever. As always, I'm spending that time on bae, friends, and lately, deep in thought over the state of my closet and how I view my personal style. No, seriously, I've been talking Kat's ear off about this. This blog has literally been a mirror for myself and gives me a reason to reflect on my style. I've noticed a couple things since starting my blog.

1. I seriously struggle to get dressed. I have a ZILLION articles of clothing and as of late, have found it quite difficult to choose my garments for the day. As someone who is invested in their style, and who on frequent occasion needs to photograph her outfits, I've been feeling a bit of pressure. I know it's mostly because I want to feel STOKED about what I'm wearing and it's sort of difficult to maintain that quality bar on the daily.

2. I can't define my style. I cover for this setback by saying that my style is "all over the spectrum." But really what I'm saying is, I have no idea. I can objectively put together some good looking outfits but I'm not always sure that they're ME. Mitch pointed this out a couple months ago. Such a wise, fashionable man.

3. I can feel my style changing. I'm not sure into what, yet, but I'm down to explore and I plan to use this platform to figure it out. It won't happen overnight. It'll probably take me months, maybe even years, but I'm going to see this through and I'd love for you to join me and chime in with your thoughts! Is anyone else experiencing with the same thing?

The posts this month are going to be about general experimentation. I'm just going to try things out and write about how I feel. This means it might get weird here, lol. Kat gave me the idea to spend each month focusing on a particular aesthetic. I didn't have time to plan something out this month, but I'm keeping it on my "Would Love To Do" list.

So, on to today's outfit! I picked up these joggers back in December and have been trying to figure out how to style them for awhile. Finally, I just googled it and one of the images was a simple outfit with a chambray tucked in. Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Thank you, wonderfully stylish bloggers of the interwebs, for making this post possible :D This outfit is incredibly comfortable. I'm basically rocking sweatpants and chambrays are so chill to wear. From what I've seen, the key to dressing joggers is pairing them with a nice, feminine shoe. At first I thought it would feel off to wear heels with "sweatpants," but the pairing works quite well! Add some pretty, delicate jewelry, an understated watch and a classic bag to complete this look. I am seriously feeling the vibe of this outfit so hard. Stylish, comfortable and classic, win win!

Thanks for reading, lovelies. I sincerely appreciate your love and support. To the moon and back :)

IMG_2672 IMG_2672 IMG_2672
IMG_2672
IMG_2672 IMG_2672 IMG_2672

Joggers H&M, a selection
Chambray Hollister, similar
Shoes Nine West, great pairing
Jewelry Forever 21

4 comments:

  1. The joggers!!! I'm so happy that you decided to give them a try, they look really good on you and I totally agree with you, they are super comfortable and stylish at the same time. I understand how you feel about your style. What I try to do is use most of the items that make you feel you and that you think make you look good regularly, and them throw in from time to time a new element that might be out of your comfort zone. Sometimes it doesn't work, and you don't try it again, and sometimes magic happens. Can't wait to see you before our trip to Boston!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great way to look at your closet- focus on things that you really really love. I am for reals obsessed with joggers now, I can totally understand why you love them!

      Delete
  2. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! Seriously, whatever you need... lady with the clipboard to inventory, someone to keep you accountable... ANYTHING! I am here for you, girl. Can't wait to see what happens over the next few months with your style.

    ReplyDelete