Greetings, Monday Warriors! I'm kicking off this week with something SUPER SERIOUS. The other day I was thinking about what I would wear if I became a vampire AND THIS IS IT. Please, if a vampire is going to turn me, for the love of all things good in the world allow me to don this incredible faux leather midi skirt/crop top combo first. LOL, jk. I didn't actually create this outfit based on this premise but looking back at it, this would make a killer true blood outfit. Costume designer, please take note!
I was actually thinking of rocking this to a wedding as Katrina's +1 but then decided it was a bit too risky for a wedding crowd I was clueless about. I am slightly regretting not sporting this gutsy winter look because I found out the bride, Bri, has a super fab fashion blog of her own called Work Clothes I Suppose, and I think she would have been down ;) She currently has a slew of guest bloggers featured while she's away on her honeymoon, but if you jump to January, you can check out her on point office wear.
Speaking of office attire, I love the midi skirt trend. I am partial to short skirts and high heels but regrettably, professional work environments are not so keen. I know this skirt will be great for work, keeping me modest while still maintaining an edge. AND as demonstrated in this post, this skirt can easily be used for a look that sizzles. I've slowed down quite a bit on shopping but this skirt made it through the cut last month and I can't wait to see what else it is capable of!
Have the best Monday ever, movers and shakers!
I was actually thinking of rocking this to a wedding as Katrina's +1 but then decided it was a bit too risky for a wedding crowd I was clueless about. I am slightly regretting not sporting this gutsy winter look because I found out the bride, Bri, has a super fab fashion blog of her own called Work Clothes I Suppose, and I think she would have been down ;) She currently has a slew of guest bloggers featured while she's away on her honeymoon, but if you jump to January, you can check out her on point office wear.
Speaking of office attire, I love the midi skirt trend. I am partial to short skirts and high heels but regrettably, professional work environments are not so keen. I know this skirt will be great for work, keeping me modest while still maintaining an edge. AND as demonstrated in this post, this skirt can easily be used for a look that sizzles. I've slowed down quite a bit on shopping but this skirt made it through the cut last month and I can't wait to see what else it is capable of!
Have the best Monday ever, movers and shakers!
Faux Leather Midi Skirt Forever 21, currently unavailable but I like this one
Crop Top Forever 21, old but I'm feeling this one
Jacket Forever 21, old but I'm swooning over this one
Heels Cathy Jean, very similar
Vampires, I like where your head is at Kim.
ReplyDeleteAlso we aren't hanging out because you could be ANYWHERE at ANYTIME. On the other hand I'm pretty much always within a 10 mile radius of campus such oppositeness, but now you know where I can be found.
One must ALWAYS be prepared, Aaron Michael!! Dude we need to get lunch on the calendar at least. Make it happen!!
DeleteYou would definitely make a lovely vampire <3 I really like this outfit! The easiness of the skirt and the flow of the lines is really appealing, and your shoes are very pretty and super girly. I think this would have made an awesome wedding outfit perhaps with a long, big scarf or a faux fur, just to cover from the cold. Have a great week! <3
ReplyDeleteAH!! Next time I will not hesitate, lol. Always go with your gut :) I'm excited to play with this skirt, maybe I'll wear it to our next meet up!! Got to figure out a more work appropriate way to wear it :)
Delete