Happy Happy Hump Day! Starting today, I am in vacation mode for the rest of the week. Viva Las Vegas, Baby!!! I've been counting down the days to this trip :) Getting on planes twice a week for the past month and a half has been absolutely grueling. Mitch and I are no strangers to long distance, but I wasn't prepared for how taxing this season would be. A couple of days dedicated to bae is exactly what I need right meow.
For le outfit today, I am showing off one of the most important finds of the season. RIDING BOOTS. Finally. This is my 3rd pair of Vince Camuto boots but I had to return the first two. I didn't feel comfortable knowing I had spent $300 on a pair of shoes. I found these at DSW while out with my boo, Nini for $100 (Apparently all of my good finds are with Nini, lol). That's still pretty steep for me and twice the amount of my usual upper limit for shoes, but this needed to happen. I've been in search of these for the last 3 years (Kasey completely understands my struggle).
Everyone has price points they're comfortable with and you'll notice mine is basically still at college student status. Although, I have to admit that I have found an appreciation for high quality everyday pieces that stand the test of time. But I'm not gonna lie, I like being inspired by new trends and fast fashion hot spots like Forever 21 and H&M help me explore new styles without breaking the bank. As I mentioned before though, I'm being a lot more thoughtful of my purchases as of late. Shopping has been such a huge part of my life, an almost necessary part of my weekend routine for the last 10 years. It's a little weird to be in this limbo stage, attempting to rethink the way I make purchases and introduce new clothing into my closet. I'll get the hang of it eventually :)
Anywho, that's for another post! Enjoy the rest of your week, y'all! I'll see you lovelies on Friday. Because yes, even while on vacation, I still want to make time for this blog :) I guess that's how you know you're passionate about something.
For le outfit today, I am showing off one of the most important finds of the season. RIDING BOOTS. Finally. This is my 3rd pair of Vince Camuto boots but I had to return the first two. I didn't feel comfortable knowing I had spent $300 on a pair of shoes. I found these at DSW while out with my boo, Nini for $100 (Apparently all of my good finds are with Nini, lol). That's still pretty steep for me and twice the amount of my usual upper limit for shoes, but this needed to happen. I've been in search of these for the last 3 years (Kasey completely understands my struggle).
Everyone has price points they're comfortable with and you'll notice mine is basically still at college student status. Although, I have to admit that I have found an appreciation for high quality everyday pieces that stand the test of time. But I'm not gonna lie, I like being inspired by new trends and fast fashion hot spots like Forever 21 and H&M help me explore new styles without breaking the bank. As I mentioned before though, I'm being a lot more thoughtful of my purchases as of late. Shopping has been such a huge part of my life, an almost necessary part of my weekend routine for the last 10 years. It's a little weird to be in this limbo stage, attempting to rethink the way I make purchases and introduce new clothing into my closet. I'll get the hang of it eventually :)
Anywho, that's for another post! Enjoy the rest of your week, y'all! I'll see you lovelies on Friday. Because yes, even while on vacation, I still want to make time for this blog :) I guess that's how you know you're passionate about something.






Beautiful pictures!! Lovely girl in a lovely setting <3 omg I love those boots!! They look so fierce on you, and you strut in them like a rockstar. I agree with you, sometimes investing a little more in some pieces is actually really good. I'm so happy though that you could still find these at a still *affordable* price. Look at you, treasure hunter :). I hope that you have a great time in Vegas with Mitch, you guys deserve it, and even though I'll be in Mexico for a while I can't wait to see you when I get back. Love you!!!! Happy Wednesday!!!
ReplyDeleteYea, you know me- I'm such a bargain shopper. Basically 99% of my closet is Forever 21 or H&M. But I knew I needed to drop some real money for this type of boot. Definitely satisfied with the price and the quality of these for sure!
DeleteHonestly I don't know what I was thinking when we went shopping, it was definitely the pairing because the boots are amazing! Especially with this outfit. Counting down to our reunion!
ReplyDeleteLol I was struggling when trying them on too. It was the crazy yoga pants FOR SURE.
DeleteI think my biggest problem is I don't really know how to shop. I'm an adult, but like you said here, I enjoy being able to shop stores like Forever and H&M or even thrift stores to find what I'm looking for. I'm no where near the "grown up" stage where I can comfortably drop $800 on a designer bag that will last for years to come. One day...but not yet.
ReplyDeleteKudos to you for finding those boots at such a great price. I think shoes should always be an investment, because...quality. Love the outfit as well!
xo
Ah, Chymere, I've actually been struggling so much that I've been a bit turned off to shopping for the last few weeks. Which let's be real, is a good thing. I know it's sort of silly to "feel conflicted" about shopping for clothes, there are many more things in life to lament about :) But when it's such a big part of how I spend my free time and how I spend my dollas, I guess it's good that I'm putting more thought into it now.
DeleteTo be honest, I don't know if I'll ever be comfortable dropping hundreds/thousands of dollars on material items, even when I'm at the point in my life when I can afford them. Mostly because I don't think I could properly commit to any one item long enough to justify the amount of money that I'd spend. Maybe I could do it for a wallet. But purses and shoes- oh man, I switch those up on the daily.