Thursday, February 12, 2015

J. Crew Herringbone + Joggers

ZOMG, It's THE J. Crew Herringbone vest that every blogger and their mom is wearing this season! :P I'm not throwing shade, I just love that when you see a lady rocking one of these, you can give 'em the "what's up head nod" and they know why you're silently greeting them :D My valentine, Katrina, was kind enough to let me borrow her vest as I was playing with remixing my joggers and chambray from last week. This vest and a side braid is exactly what I needed to give these pieces a completely fresh makeover!

Well y'all, we did it! We survived the week and I am absolutely looking forward to this weekend. I'm throwing a cute little vday party with Nini, have a couple brunch dates planned and will be getting lots of time with bae! I love the festivities surrounding Valentine's Day, but I see it as an extra awesome day to celebrate friendship rather than a romantic holiday. I think it's because I tend to reject the idea of obligation in an intimate relationship and Valentine's Day tends to fall into that category. I think you should celebrate love with your significant other as often as possible :) Not gonna lie tho, I ADORE the red, pink, cute paper valentines and loads of chocolate surrounding this "holiday."

I hope you guys do something extra fun this weekend! I'll see you guys next week!

IMG_2672 IMG_2672
IMG_2672 IMG_2672
IMG_2672 IMG_2672
Excursion Quilted Herringbone Vest J Crew, sold out, but how about this one
Joggers H&M
Chambray Hollister Co.
Shirt, Shoes, Necklace Forever 21

2 comments:

  1. I always love me some J Crew, this vest is perfection! You're totally right, you totally revved the joggers and chambray look from last week, but I think I like this much better! It looks so sporty and stylish, one of my favorite combinations. Hope you have a great Valentine's Day!! Thank you for your unconditional friendship and for being there these past 6 months. To many more!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day, Hector <3 This outfit kind of happened on accident. I was totally just messing around in Katrina's apt and then BAM. Gotta love it when that happens. Sometimes it's difficult to create something original when we're constantly exposed to inspiration and images from other places. Obvi not complaining having access to inspiration, but it's exciting to create something that feels new and original to you!

      Delete