Happy Hump Day, y'all! Can you believe the weather we've been getting in Seattle?! I wore this bare legged number yesterday while shenanning around with my dearest Katrina. Last time I checked, it is FEBRUARY! It pains me to leave this gorgeous city for Boston today (totes writing this post from the security line!) Although, I've been looking forward to this trip with Hector for a while now! We're going to brave the snow covered streets of Boston for hot yoga and I'm hoping to take him to my favorite place for Boston noms, Life Alive. Fingers crossed the ubers and the T are still up and running! I shouldn't complain too much about the Boston weather because after this conference, I'm flying down to Florida to visit my favorite brother and sister wifey in Orlando for a couple days!! We're planning on doing all of our faves together: Disney, Universal and the beach! I need to shoutout my boss, Larbear, for allowing "Work from Florida" to be a legitimate thing. It totally counts if you're monitoring email from the beach, right?!
Anyways! On to the outfit part of this post. Not gonna lie, I feel like a total babe in this outfit. It's not really work appropriate but sometimes in life, one must make sacrifices ;) I picked up this colorful sheath dress with my mom and sister wifey the last time I was in Florida! I think I think I'm getting a lot better at styling dresses. I used to be super lazy and stop after picking out the dress and shoes. Sometimes, a dress completely stands on it's own and should be free to flounce. However, this sheath definitely needed something extra and this oversized blazer comes through AGAIN (and again and again)! Oh, and these shoes are another Nordstrom Rack score from last weekend with Nini! $30 and they're SO comfortable and go with everything. Katrina has talked about "elevated basics" on her blog and I think these shoes and this blazer absolutely fall into this category.
I hope this colorful outfit brought a bit of fun to the middle of your week :) Have the best week ever, sunshine lovers! See you on Friday!
Anyways! On to the outfit part of this post. Not gonna lie, I feel like a total babe in this outfit. It's not really work appropriate but sometimes in life, one must make sacrifices ;) I picked up this colorful sheath dress with my mom and sister wifey the last time I was in Florida! I think I think I'm getting a lot better at styling dresses. I used to be super lazy and stop after picking out the dress and shoes. Sometimes, a dress completely stands on it's own and should be free to flounce. However, this sheath definitely needed something extra and this oversized blazer comes through AGAIN (and again and again)! Oh, and these shoes are another Nordstrom Rack score from last weekend with Nini! $30 and they're SO comfortable and go with everything. Katrina has talked about "elevated basics" on her blog and I think these shoes and this blazer absolutely fall into this category.
I hope this colorful outfit brought a bit of fun to the middle of your week :) Have the best week ever, sunshine lovers! See you on Friday!









Girl you killed it with that oversized blazer, I love this look! And I don't feel it's that inappropriate for work, it actually looks kind of professional (I'm still looking at the blazer). So we're on our way to Boston now! Finally!! I'm so excited :D and you're my hero for writing this while in the TSA line. Hopefully it won't be too cold for us to get some nice pictures :).
ReplyDeleteLol, I love that we're chatting each other 4 rows apart right now <3 THANK YOU for being my yoga buddy on this trip. I seriously need someone to hold me accountable or I know I'll cop out! Eagerly awaiting your Wednesday post :) I am totes down to try to outfit shoot in Copley square!
DeleteI absolutely love this look! I normally don't go for orange, but it's creatively hinted here. I miss you already, the countdown to Mar 1 begins :D
ReplyDeleteAh, Nini. I'm missing you like crazy already. What will I do without our weekly date this week?! Guess we'll just need to meet twice next week, lol. I'm looking forward to more of your posts while I'm gone! <3 Give your mama the biggest hug for me!
DeleteThis entire outfit is bomb dot com! You wouldn't mind if I did a replica for say my easter events this year? I hope not. But I absolutely agree; you ARE a total babe in this ensemble. Very nice!
ReplyDeletexo,
Chymere A.
I would be BEYOND FLATTERED. If you do end up in something similar, take a pic and tag me? :) I'd love to see! teehee, thank you for the compliments, lady. This is awesome!
Delete