Thursday, February 19, 2015

Sporty Spice

YO, I'LL TELL YOU WHAT I WANT WHAT I REALLY REALLY WANT! A nap please. But not before I pen this post! So it's safe to say, Boston has been AWESOME. I was pretty hesitant about coming out here earlier this week but my friends have been keeping me more than warm! Thursday was filled with so much amazingness! In order of sequence:

1. Hector was a super trooper and did his first Bikram Yoga class with me at the famous Back Bay Yoga Studio. I've been having so much fun adventuring around Copley square with him, doing a little shopping on Newbury and fighting our way through snow flurries for smoothies :)

2. For lunch, we joined a couple of my favorite Microsoft interns, Bre'Ana and Dara (plus Stephen!) for fancy hot pot. I can't wait for all of us to be reunited in Seattle again and perhaps at NSBE!

3. I met my first "reader" from the blog at the career fair. Hello, Miss Munjela! Our chat was lovely! Thank you for reading and mentioning the blog. It's super exciting to hear from you guys in person!!!

4. For dinner, we hosted Microsoft scholarship recipients for a Brazilian Steak eat out and my end of the table was outrageously fun. Jasmine, Camila, Anita & Antwane- THANK YOU for the ridiculously awesome conversation, putting up with all of my f-bombs and unsolicited advice. Also, CHEESE BREAD. I am so excited to see where you guys take your early careers. Please stay in touch!

5. I ended the night with some quality time with my wonderful friend, Thompson. It's days like this that completely confirm my status as an extrovert. When with the right people, I feel energized and extra high on life :)

Today, I'm enjoying my last hours in Boston with my team and then heading down to warm, balmy Florida. I'm closing out the last look of the week with this super fly "Sporty Spice" inspired outfit. Sporty was absolutely my FAVORITE Spice Girl. Fo sho. I was determined to wear these sparkly leggings that I picked up at Victoria Secret during last year's semi annual. They remind me of Black Milk's vibe which I am obsessed with but it's taken me a while to figure out a good way to wear them in the every day. I find with fashion, I like a good challenge :D I definitely spent 30 minutes remixing pieces in my closet and I couldn't be more delighted with the end result. I feel effortlessly cool (although it took so much effort to put together, lol). The key items to this outfit are the long line coat and these more-than-perfect black sneakers. I can't tell you how long I've been in search of a pair of sneakers that work in my everyday style. I snatched these up from the Adidas company store while they were having a crazy 50% sale last summer while in Portland for a Microsoft soccer tourney. These are dance shoes from the Stella McCartney collaboration. You're really not supposed to use these outside of a studio if you intend to dance with them but I knew I'd be using them more for style rather than their original function.

I hope you guys had FANTASTIC weeks and even better weekends. See you lovers on Monday!


IMG_2672 IMG_2672
IMG_2672 IMG_2672
IMG_2672 IMG_2672
Knit coat Forever 21, exact
Tank Ted Baker
Scarf Forever 21, similar
Clutch borrowed from Nini
Leggings Pink by Victoria Secret, loving these Black Milk leggings here and here
Sneakers Adidas, exact or similar

6 comments:

  1. I LOVEEEEE YOU!!! This trip has been nothing less than awesome thanks to you!! Thank you for joining me at my first hot yoga class ❤️ it was a bit rough but the smoothies and shopping at the end where just what I needed :). And thanks as well for introducing me to so many of your friends!! They all seem to be super cool like you and it was great meeting so many of them with you on this trip. Now on to the clothes! I love Sporty Spice as well!! She has so much sassiness and that's what I see here! Cool, fun Kim being sassy. Girl those leggings are sick! And you're rocking them like a pro! Great combo with the simple tank and the big coat, I like what you said, looks so easy but I know it takes time to get this easiness look right. See you back in Seattle pretty soon :) enjoy Florida and in the meantime I'll continue to freeze in Boston hehe. Have a great trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hector!! I hope your flight home was smooth :) Boston was amazing with you and I am so glad we were able to do this trip together! Let's continue yoga when I'm home!!

      Delete
  2. LOVE this outfit; it's totally me. In general, my style is pretty "masculine", but I like to add touches of feminism, because I am still a lady. This works really well for a few different occasions.

    Darbie mentioned you and because I trust her judgement in a lot of cases, I landed here on your blog. Nice to "meet" you. I look forward to browsing through the archive and flooding you with comments *just a warning* so hiiii!

    xo,
    Chymere A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello hello, Chymere! <3 Welcome to my little space on the internet! Dara is fabulous, isn't she? I am so excited that she's connected us! I see that you have a blog as well! I can't wait to chase down chase down and reply to all of your comments so I can start soaking up your content!

      This outfit is definitely a departure from the norm. Actually, this entire month has been a departure from my norm. I'm in an experimental phase right now. My style SUUUUUUUUUUUPER girly actually.

      Delete
  3. love this outfit; it just looks so comfortable! would happily wear this shopping or for a casual meet up with my girls!

    www.lifeofchi.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chi-Chi!! Welcome to the blog :) :) :) This outfit was SO COMFY. definitely the best part of it :)

      Delete