Hello hello, my pretty lovelies! I am so happy to be back in Seattle for the entire week (and a bit of next week too!)! I'm kicking off this week with a slight, but important change on the blog- the title! Picking a name for a blog is hard, y'all (fellow bloggers, where you at?!). After a few different iterations, I basically gave up and went with something SUPER generic. I figured I wouldn't be blogging forever and I didn't think twice about picking a title that is a bit limiting. Let's be real, I'm not going to be a twenty something forever :) Although, funny enough, I have thirty-something-style.blogspot.com claimed! Lol. It doesn't seem practical to start a separate blog when I turn 30. And again when I turn 40? (HAHA, I can't even fathom what it would be like to have a blog for that long!). Point being, I don't want to be limited and thus, Hello Kim Win!
"Hello Kim Win" was originally just the email handle I created for this blog a couple months ago. "Win" is the simplest phonetic pronunciation of my Vietnamese last name, Nguyen. (Viet girls of the Nguyen dynasty, where you at?!) After a while, the name grew on me and I decided it would be the name I used once I was ready to transition this blog from the age defining title. I love that this new title doesn't limit my blog to anything. Writing and showcasing my daily outfits is the bread and butter of this blog, but I enjoy writing about other things. The most defining thing about this blog is ME.
A few details to note- www.hellokimwin.com will direct you to this blog, but I have not changed the blogspot url yet. I will continue to use twenty-something-style.blogspot.com until I finish researching the best way to transition (or if it's really necessary to transition at all). If you guys have any thoughts on this, I'd love to hear them!
And so, on to my outfit today! I mentioned last week that this month would be about experimentation with my style. It is clear by now that I am obsessed with these white oxfords and I think I can officially say that these have become a defining piece in my closet. It's interesting how influential a certain item can be on your style! Reviewing my clothing mood since introducing these shoes into my everyday wear, I've noticed a change in silhouette and more of a "street vibe" in my style. I'm excited to bring another piece into my closet that I suspect might also become a staple- this knit long line coat! You might remember seeing it's shorter cousin throughout the blog in the last couple of months. I love the ease of this cool blazer coat and I think it will be a beautiful spring transition piece.
Thank you for reading and following along with my shenanigans on this blog. Happy Monday! Good luck with all your to-dos this week!
"Hello Kim Win" was originally just the email handle I created for this blog a couple months ago. "Win" is the simplest phonetic pronunciation of my Vietnamese last name, Nguyen. (Viet girls of the Nguyen dynasty, where you at?!) After a while, the name grew on me and I decided it would be the name I used once I was ready to transition this blog from the age defining title. I love that this new title doesn't limit my blog to anything. Writing and showcasing my daily outfits is the bread and butter of this blog, but I enjoy writing about other things. The most defining thing about this blog is ME.
A few details to note- www.hellokimwin.com will direct you to this blog, but I have not changed the blogspot url yet. I will continue to use twenty-something-style.blogspot.com until I finish researching the best way to transition (or if it's really necessary to transition at all). If you guys have any thoughts on this, I'd love to hear them!
And so, on to my outfit today! I mentioned last week that this month would be about experimentation with my style. It is clear by now that I am obsessed with these white oxfords and I think I can officially say that these have become a defining piece in my closet. It's interesting how influential a certain item can be on your style! Reviewing my clothing mood since introducing these shoes into my everyday wear, I've noticed a change in silhouette and more of a "street vibe" in my style. I'm excited to bring another piece into my closet that I suspect might also become a staple- this knit long line coat! You might remember seeing it's shorter cousin throughout the blog in the last couple of months. I love the ease of this cool blazer coat and I think it will be a beautiful spring transition piece.
Thank you for reading and following along with my shenanigans on this blog. Happy Monday! Good luck with all your to-dos this week!
Knit Coat Forever 21, exact
Zig Zag Dress Forever 21, exact
Purse Michael Kors, Michael Kors
White Oxfords Urban Outfitters (still spotted in UOs for $30!), similarish
There's so much newness in this post, your blog name, your style, and the urban location - I love it all!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Dara! <3 I'm loving this excuse to experiment with my style. I've been super feeling myself, lately :P I'm SO SO SO looking forward to your outfit posts this month!!!
DeleteCongrats on the blog name change!! I agree with you coming with a blog title is HARD (when I wanted to start my blog it was the only thing missing but it took me days to figure it out!) but you came out with something very simple, timeless, and overtly all, very you! I am also loving the street style on you, and I am getting a bit obsessed with your shoes as well. And the accessories here are on point (super cute bag with really cute bracelets). I can't wait to see you tomorrow!! And Boston in a bit more than a week!!! Have a great start of the week :D!
ReplyDeleteThanks, love! I really feel like I'm coming into my own with this street style thing! I have a feeling that Spring will be filled with a ton of frill and color though ;)
DeleteLOVE the new blog title. It's so catchy, simple and fun. :)
ReplyDeleteI love this outfit! A lovely twist to your usual style
I'm just lookin' for more street cred, you know :P
Delete