Thursday, February 12, 2015

Badass Business Casual

HI GUYZ. I'm coming to you 1 day later than usual and TBH, I am totes having one of those weeks. I'll tell you right now- completely not making my February Fitness goals, lol. For reals I have not gone to one workout opportunity this entire week not because I didn't have time, but because I just didn't feel like it. Sometimes, I need a break from obligations, including the ones to myself. Tip of my hat to all of you parents out there, don't know how you do it! After three weeks of intense travel, I thought my week at home would be super productive, but it turns out my body just wants me to nap between work and bedtime and spend evenings zoned out in front of netflix. It's all good, I'll take it!

Miraculously, I'm still motivated to dress up this week. Usually waves of sluggishness like this overtake all parts of my life. So for whatever reason, here's an outfit that I rocked on Tuesday. I'm dubbing this "Badass Business Casual." The blazer and the conservative lines are the BC part of this outfit- the badass obviously comes from this super weird poncho top(?). The neutral print is the only thing that really allows this outfit to stay business casual.

Can I please just say that I've had this top FOR YEARS. Like, I remember being at the downtown Forever 21 with my lovely friend Bianca in 2010(2011?) and impulsively buying this SUPER WEIRD top. I cannot clearly explain why I like it. In my mind, the fit is flattering, but not really? Lol. Honestly, still baffled by this thing but I FINALLY figured out an acceptable way to wear it. When in doubt, black pants black blazer, y'all!

And don't forget to keep it 100 with blue elastics for your top knot ;) Special shoutout to my amazing friend Chris for showing me the beauty of shooting in RAW and taking these photos for me.I hope you guys are killin' it this week! (because obvi right now, I am not, lol). Love youuuuuuuuuu. See you tomorrow (?)!


IMG_2672 IMG_2672
IMG_2672 IMG_2672 IMG_2672
IMG_2672 IMG_2672 IMG_2672
Top Forever 21
Blazer H&M
Pants Forever 21
Heels Nine West

2 comments:

  1. This look is MONEY! I'm so lucky to have seen it in person, you looked gorgeous mah dahling! Those shoes?!?! I mean where do you get all this stuff? It's just perfection, love the whole ensemble and the quality of the pics in RAW format is the best!! See you next week!! I'll motivate you to exercise while in hellishly cold Boston :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clearance section of Ross Dress for Less, I shit you not! Hector, do a sun dance for us. Boston is gonna be so hard! Good thing hot yoga is only 1.2 miles from us. Ready to walk? <3

      Delete