Monday, November 17, 2014

BFFERBOO

Good Monday Morning, friends! Do you guys ever find yourself adopting the styles of the people that you spend the most time with? This is happening a lot with my fashion love, Katrina, and after spending the weekend with Kasey, I'm craving pretty A-lines and sweet silhouettes. Kasey has always been excellent at understanding her body shape and what looks best on her frame. It's this same eye that allows her to solidly deliver figure flattering outfit photos for me in under 5 minutes flat! She's also super smart about using this knowledge to her advantage when making decisions about morning outfit choices and clothing purchases. Count on Kasey to spot the one dress that has the perfect band that will highlight your natural waist and frame your swoon worthy body! She also applies this when she gets ready in the morning. She's able to make quick decisions by having go-to combos. Example: Boots + leggings + shift + vest. Or in this post, A-line + cardigan + flats!



IMG_2672 IMG_2672


I adore both of these looks. They're different enough that Kasey can rock them in the same week and it doesn't seem like she's wearing the same thing. This pretty yellow number is one that we picked up in Austin at one of the many vintage boutiques in South Congress. This mint dress is from Lindy Bop, a modern day, UK-based company that produces high quality 50's style dresses at unbeatable prices. Link to the exact dress on Amazon here. I've been phantom carting the floral version for the past several weeks. I just seriously need to pull the trigger. Ever since my Holiday Housewife look, I find myself wanting to commit to these type of dresses even more.


IMG_2672 IMG_2672


I also need to give Kasey a shout out for being an amazing friend, especially today. There are so many incredible benefits to having a best friend who is a kick ass lady engineer. And because we work at the same company, I get to take full advantage of her amazingness and parade her around my schools. We were in Durham this weekend to present to the girls of HackDuke. Kasey captivated the audience with her passion for using tech to pursue her philanthropic endeavors. Her most recent one being Hello World University. Kasey and I have done quite a bit of travelling together and we're pretty good getting ish done. We enjoyed a dinner and movie date night and were planning to visit the Lemurs, but alas, Delta had different plans for us. Long story short, due to a whole bunch of FUBAR happenings, one after another, Kasey ended up being stranded in Baltimore. Delta had sent us both confirmations for our BWI > SEA flight, but only I had been issued a ticket.

You want to know what true love is? Without discussing it beforehand, I knew I was going to get on that flight because I knew Kasey wasn't going to expect me to stay with her. She was happy that at least one of us was going to make it home that night. Not gonna lie, we were both desperately trying to return home to get some quality time in with the boyfriends before the work week started. And she sent me off with a chipper "Enjoy your time with Mitch!" Like seriously, when you find friends that for reals want you to be happy and do everything in their power to help you be happy, you hold on to that shit like your life depends on it. I've learned many lessons in kindness and how to be a good friend from Kasey. I will admit, I have had some serious BFF fail moments in this past year but I am so grateful for Kasey's unconditional love and thankful to be experiencing life with such a beautiful soul. Okay, sorry not sorry for getting kind of mushy there. Until Wednesday, my friends!

6 comments:

  1. I tried to comment and say I loved this. I don't know if it worked. I still love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely feel like this post in particular is right up your alley! Love you, pretty lady!

      Delete
  2. Love this post and your styles! You guys are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jade, please come to Seattle and put me on your curiouslyjade blog. I have a dream!

      Delete