Happy Monday, party people! Did y'all have good weekends? Mine was filled with good food and good friends so nothing to complain about over here. I didn't end up rocking that floral print set on Friday because let's be real, it was just too cold, but of course I had a wonderful time anyways with mis amigos! Alain had an INCREDIBLE spread from whole foods and not gonna lie, definitely spent most of my time hovering around the food table. On Saturday, Mitch and I enjoyed our (mostly) weekly brunch date at Portage Bay Cafe. We always get our own entrees (they're so great about making vegetarian/vegan substitutions) and then split the vegan pancakes so we can take advantage of their AWESOME breakfast bar (which includes unlimited home made whipped cream, toasted almonds, a variety of fruits and THE BEST maple syrup EVER). Saturday night we met up with friends at an Ethiopian restaurant in Central District called Chef Cafe. I was still full from brunch, but I had this bomb appetizer that I can't remember the name of. It was basically Injera filled with a spicy chili paste and then lightly fried. OMG SO GOOD. And if that's not enough food talk for you, on Sunday we got together with friends for a home cooked Nigerian meal! Vegetarian Nigerian food isn't really a thing, but my friends were super sweet and accommodated my dietary restrictions. They made vegetarian stew that I poured over rice and a heaping serving of fried plantains. It was SO SPICY I thought my face was going to fall off, but so good. Whoa, sorry for the weekend food summary. It was just.... so... good. And I don't have any pictures to share! I'm a terrible blogger!!!
But anyways :) today on the blog I want to mix it up from the usual and give you an extra good deal. TWO outfits in ONE post!!! Here are two different looks I created with the same centerpiece, a burnt orange blazer. When I saw this in stores, I was immediately attracted to the color. I thought it was perfect for fall tones. I've been in search of adding a new blazer to the rotation. They're a great alternative to oversized sweaters or cardigans. I personally tend towards more dressed up than down and blazers help me up the anty on outfits that would feel too casual to me otherwise. Evidence below! The blazer pulls together this basic sweater plus jeans combo. I love how the burnt orange in the blazer frames the orange and red from the tiger. I'm digging the preppy cool vibes here. RAHR!
Thanks to my sweet friend, Hector of Geek Q for taking these photos for me!
But anyways :) today on the blog I want to mix it up from the usual and give you an extra good deal. TWO outfits in ONE post!!! Here are two different looks I created with the same centerpiece, a burnt orange blazer. When I saw this in stores, I was immediately attracted to the color. I thought it was perfect for fall tones. I've been in search of adding a new blazer to the rotation. They're a great alternative to oversized sweaters or cardigans. I personally tend towards more dressed up than down and blazers help me up the anty on outfits that would feel too casual to me otherwise. Evidence below! The blazer pulls together this basic sweater plus jeans combo. I love how the burnt orange in the blazer frames the orange and red from the tiger. I'm digging the preppy cool vibes here. RAHR!
Thanks to my sweet friend, Hector of Geek Q for taking these photos for me!
For my second round with the blazer, I used it to top off a slightly more polished look. Skirt plus circle skirt combos are a very easy go-to in the warmer months. You guys know I love me a good A-line silhouette and it's harder to create this shape as it gets colder. Adding a cardigan or layering up to stay warm muddles the silhouette. A reliable, tapered blazer is just what the doctor ordered! I'm also happy to break out these black boots for fall! I bought these babies a couple years back on super clearance at Urban Outfitters. Actually, there are 3 pairs of boots that have that exact same storyline from various years. You'll see them peppered throughout the blog in the coming months :)
I hope you guys are getting your ducks in a row without a hitch for Thanksgiving! See you guys again on Wednesday!
I hope you guys are getting your ducks in a row without a hitch for Thanksgiving! See you guys again on Wednesday!






I'm in LOVE with that sweater! The blazer is super beautiful as well, that color accentuates your skin very nicely. Also, I'll take your pictures anytime :)
ReplyDelete