Happy Hump Day, Friends. I hope you guys are getting your Thanksgiving plans together without too many bumps on the road. I've spent a lot of time cleaning, visiting the grocery store and honestly, a lot of thinking these last couple of days. This is a fashion blog. It's meant to be a fun, creative outlet for me to share with the infinite interwebs. However, sometimes it can be awkward to write about something so silly and seemingly meaningless when there are so many insanely more important things happening in our world (yea, sorry, fellow fashion bloggers.... I love you all, but I said it). I try my best to be aware of my privilege and am grateful for my lot in life. My empathetic abilities are a bit off the charts, bae might sometimes argue I'm too empathetic. My heart is heavy with the events from the past few days and I feel a bit paralyzed with the feeling that I can't really do anything to actually help. However, I did come across this article that helped a bit. And yea, although I'm not white, I still think I'm pretty damn privileged. At the end of it all, I realize that all anyone can ask of you is to try your best. You need to keep going and you gotta continue living your life. For me, part of that means putting on clothes and getting myself ready to take on the day. Sorry not sorry for kicking this post off with such somber thoughts, but it was something I needed to address for myself.
If anything, these last few days have made me infinitely more grateful for my family, friends, the bae and my loving community. Seattle is special and I am fortunate to be living here. This season, I will celebrate the health of my loved ones and I'm going to do it wearing booty hugging metallics. (Yea, see, awkward. Need to work on the serious to fun transitions here, note to self!) For reals though, I have been enjoying all the opportunities for holiday sparkle and shine so of course I had to share one of my favorites the day before Tofurkey day. Don't worry, Mitch won't be eating Tofurkey. He's going to be wolfing down chicken.
If anything, these last few days have made me infinitely more grateful for my family, friends, the bae and my loving community. Seattle is special and I am fortunate to be living here. This season, I will celebrate the health of my loved ones and I'm going to do it wearing booty hugging metallics. (Yea, see, awkward. Need to work on the serious to fun transitions here, note to self!) For reals though, I have been enjoying all the opportunities for holiday sparkle and shine so of course I had to share one of my favorites the day before Tofurkey day. Don't worry, Mitch won't be eating Tofurkey. He's going to be wolfing down chicken.
Ya, not gonna lie. I am super into how my booty looks in this skirt :) so shiny! This was yet another impulse buy from a forever 21 run. Actually, I think every buy for me is an impulse buy. There is no rhyme or reason to how I select my purchases. I typically comb through the store and reach out to things that speak to me. I guess I'm acting on instinct. Seems to have worked out okay for me so far! I'm also pretty stoked about this beaded cropped sweater. It's comfy and I predict will end up being quite versatile this season. I haven't been able to find a link to it online yet but I have seen it in both of my local forever 21 stores. Last but not least, these shoes are so fierce and totally set the tone for this outfit. They were a peer pressure buy with my one and only, Katrina. We're both enablers and convinced each other to buy a pair. You can see how she fabulously styled them here. They hurt like a bitch to break in but for reals, they have been worth it. I love the gold detailing on the bottom. Complete wow factor. We found them in Target stores on clearance for $20! The link online is still full price though.
Thanks for stopping by, friends. It really means a lot that you took a bit of time out of your busy day for my little blog :) Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones! See you again on Black Friday!
Thanks for stopping by, friends. It really means a lot that you took a bit of time out of your busy day for my little blog :) Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones! See you again on Black Friday!






Beautiful message! I think we all have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving (just for the sake of being alive, I mean, what's greater than that!) and having lots of people that surround us and keep us on track when we skid. This outfit is no less wonderful! I mean, those shoes are killing me, and metallic works pretty well on you! Is there a color that doesn't? Haha Happy Thanksgiving! Can't wait to see your Black Friday shopping :D!
ReplyDeleteHector, mi amigo, gracias por ALWAYS being so supportive of my posts. I seriously appreciate your kind words so much <3 Let's see each other soon, si? Seeing you always brightens up my day!
Delete