Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Red Dress



IMG_2672


I'm honestly not sure how to start off this post. My veins are still buzzing with creative energy from shooting with Katrina earlier today. These photos were shot this morning, in a chill, PNW mist. Kat had this clear vision for a lady dressed in red surrounded by the deep green forest, adorned in metallics and gold. I would say we pulled it off with flying colors! It is incredible what two people can achieve when they play off each other's creative strengths. I've never experienced a partnership like this before in my photography and styling and I don't think I'll ever be able to work in any other way ever again.


IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672


You've seen Meta Ink featured on my blog before, but never like this! Katrina had the brilliant idea of using lines of dots to make a trail along her spine. It seriously took me less than 5 minutes to apply the tats and the result is INCREDIBLE. I love how unique and delicate these dots are as an accessory. It was a bit challenging for me to envision flash tats for Fall season since most of the imaging and marketing is very much geared towards a summer coachella beach lifestyle. But I love Kat's idea and we were inspired to shoot a few more Fall Meta Ink looks. Watch out for those posts later this month! So, flash tats for a surprise accessory in the back, but what about the front? I know you were checking out that gorgeous necklace that Kat has on. You can catch the lovely Mila necklace from Victoria Bekerman on their website here. Their pieces are a beautiful mix of modern design with vintage materials. The type of jewelry that you invest in for it's timeless qualities. And of course, if you're looking for the dress, scoop it on Lulu's site before it's gone! I'm seriously thinking about picking it up in both colors!


IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672


No joke, I've been running through this album set on repeat and I can't stop looking at this photo set. These are my favorite photos that I have ever taken to date. I think today marks a turning point in my blog world. Meeting Katrina has changed my view and understanding of fashion blogging. My outfit photos have improved by ten fold and I always feel extra style inspired each time I get ready for one of our meet-ups. But for reals, after collaborating on a project like this and feeling the rush of partnering with such a creative human being, there's no turning back. Exciting things are ahead for us and I can't wait to share them all! Thank you for reading, I appreciate all of your love and support and can't thank you enough for believing in my little blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment