Saturday, November 8, 2014

KIMono part II

Last time we saw the KIMono, it was unexpectedly debuted with jeans. I was feeling a more girly vibe this day and matched the Kimono with a basic midnight navy maxi. This created a completely different look! (Obvious statement, I know :P) I appreciate articles of clothing that are versatile. I have to admit, I can be short sighted on clothing purchases sometimes and pick up pieces that are ultimately one wear. Most of the time though, I try to picture the article in question with clothing already in my closet. Being creative and coming up with different looks is half the fun of getting dressed.

I was feeling a bit off the day I wore this outfit but looking back, I'm pretty in love with this look! Long dresses are so elegant and I think the challenge with rocking this look in the day time is that it's easy to feel overdressed. Sometimes, you just have to own up and be fancy.


IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672


Other thoughts swirling in and around my head at the moment include hair! It's time for a haircut! I was very seriously considering cutting my hair to chin length. A couple of my favorite bloggers, Gary Pepper Girl, Krystal of This Time Tomorrow and now my very own Katrina of The Demure Muse, are all rocking super chic short cuts. But alas, I fear that I would have huge scissor regrets if I were to cut my hair up to anything shorter than mermaid length. Mermaid length is a term Kasey made up. It's hair that's long enough to cover your bobbies! Also, I sent some photos to my amazing hairstylist Jewel and she pretty much refused to schedule an appointment with me. So I think we'll be keeping it for the most part, as-is. Maybe some more color? We'll see!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! It feels great to have a couple of slow paced days for friends and PNW noms. I'll be shooting a couple Holiday party looks with Kat tomorrow. Can't wait to share them with you!


IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672

Kimono, Dress, Shoes Forever 21 | Jacket Abercrombie & Fitch | Necklace Macy's | Rings H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment