Monday, November 10, 2014

Holiday Housewife

IMG_2672


Hey friends, heeeeyyyyyy! An easy indication that I'm home from travels is that I'm posting a lot more regularly :) Katrina and I were smart this time around and shot multiple looks in one day, making it extra easy for timely posts. With holiday festivities right around the corner, I wanted to style a couple party looks. There are multiple reasons to be excited for the holidays, but glamming up for special occasions is definitely one of my favorite reasons! I picked up this beautiful vintage piece while Kasey and I were gallivanting around Austin. I LOVE 50's style dresses. This was my first time wearing a petticoat underneath and WOWZA does it make a difference. I feel like a cupcake. It is AWESOME. Can you believe that ladies back in the day used to wear a dress like this to do housework? WHAT? My skirt was bumping into everything! Not gonna lie, I felt pretty fabulous. Also, this pattern screams Christmas to me. All I need to do is hide a jam box under my skirt and bump some holiday tunes. lol.

It's getting colder in the PNW, y'all! It's going to be hard to continue rocking the dress and heel combo, but I'll hold on for as long as I physically can! Are you getting pumped for falalalala season? I'm excited to see fancy and fun holiday photos pop up on my newsfeed. Hope you guys got your week off to a great start! See you again super soon!


IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672

IMG_2672

Dress Vintage | Shoes Forever 21 | Belt H&M | Bag from China

4 comments:

  1. This dress is AMAZING! It just screams Southern bombshell from every angle (in a very subtle way of course :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, boo!!! I love how flattering 50's style dresses are!

      Delete
  2. The title is perfect for this post! Beautiful pictures :)
    I want this dress!! Why does it have to be vintage? Sigh :( lol.

    Xx..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll send you a link to an amazing modern dress shop that features vintage cuts in beautiful fabric and prints! They're about $50 a dress!

    ReplyDelete