Friday, November 28, 2014

Winter Pastel Accessories

Happy Black Friday, Friendz!!! Did you guys shop till you dropped? Bae and I went out for a couple hours and I made it out with a cute pair of wedge boots! Mitch had a larger haul with a couple sweaters and a bunch of express button downs. The mall was packed and we decided to ditch it for a showing of Interstellar (mindblowing, BTW!). Currently, we are parked on our couch waiting for pizza and getting some last minute online deals in. You may or may not be in a similar situation yourself :)

Today I have something special to share with you! I've teamed up with a brand new affordable boutique, Hazel Vintage Co. to bring you an extra sweet discount on their site. Use KIM10 to get 10% off at checkout! HVC has a great mix of casual pieces that are just dressy enough to help you feel put together. Y'all know that I am super partial to all out glam but that doesn't quite accommodate the cold weather as well. So it's delightful to find a boutique like HVC that has a great selection of cute pieces that can be layered. Is it awkward to use your own discount code to make purchases? Haha, I don't think so! I've been eyeing this super cute tartan plaid cashmere scarf, this adorable red plaid dress and this basic black sweater with a twist.

IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672

I think my favorite thing about Hazel Vintage Co. is that it is owned and operated by a regular girl just like me, Hope. Hope works a full time job and runs HVC in her spare time. It's awesome to meet other amazing ladies that are pursuing their passion for style. She was sweet enough to let me take this darling lavender chevron infinity scarf for a spin. I saw these everywhere last spring and have always been attracted to the pretty pastel ones.

I was playing around with a couple different outfits, but nothing felt super great. Whenever I'm struggling, I call in bae for backup. It is ridiculously awesome having a boyfriend that has an eye for style. Mitch asked me what sort of look I was going for and gave me some feedback on my choices. Then he disappeared into my closet and came back with this jacket that I had completely forgotten about! I was trying out a whole bunch of mint/lavender combos but the contrast was too stark. But this pretty sage jacket with gold accents was a perfect backdrop for a pop of color. Add some cool pointed boots with their own gold buckles and BAM! I'm thinking of starting a feature called, "Styled by Bae". Seriously, if developing software doesn't work out for this guy, he could totally go into personal styling. Although, I doubt he'll be leaving the coding industry anytime soon, Mitch is a certified genius. I guess I'll just have to keep on benefiting from his talents :) The Cena to my Katniss? I think this is going to be a thing!!



IMG_2672 IMG_2672

Jacket Forever 21 | Scarf Hazel Vintage Co. | Jeans Gap | Shirt H&M | Shoes Forever 21 |

No comments:

Post a Comment