Sunday, December 21, 2014

#BCHoliday


IMG_2672

Good evening, friends! I'm spending my sunday evening eating yummy chocolates, writing Christmas cards and prepping some of my favorite outfit shots to date for the blog! In my last post, I mentioned that my manager threw my team the most AMAZING "Mad Men" themed holiday party. He created custom cocktails for each of our team members! The idea came about during some boisterous hallway talk about blogging. Larbear (yea, my manager lets me call him this) drops that he has his own blog called LoudTalkNLiquor! WHAT? He's a self proclaimed bourbon enthusiast and has his own tumblr featuring drinks that's he's mixed! Once Brooke (my work BFF) heard of this, she gave him the idea to create custom cocktails for each member of our team. AND HE WAS DOWN! So I sent out an amazingly silly survey to our members and thus began what came to be, #BCHoliday! Everyone contributed either via yummy food, good drinks, balloon animals (!!!), warm smiles and lots of laughs. Here are some of my favorite details from the party on the blog!


IMG_2672
IMG_2672 IMG_2672



No lie, Larbear looked like a legit alcoholic with all of the different bottles he needed to make each drink hoarded in his office. This was only about 1/3 of what he had out! And of course, no party would be complete without yummy noms. Brooke and I took a stroll down the best aisle at Trader Joe's and went for whatever fit our fancy! Healy, our amazing party hostess brought cheese fondue and dippings. My tummy was very happy!


IMG_2672 IMG_2672


I need to take a minute to brag about these recipe books! Larbear sent me the cocktail list the day before the party. I already had a vision in mind but knew it would be a bit of a stretch to turn it around in 24 hours since I needed to make 11 books that each contained 11 recipies. So what do I do? DO IT ANYWAYS. I went to Target and bee-lined for the dollar section. I STRUCK GOLD and found these super cute blank cards and bought out every pack they had. I also discovered gold alphabet scrapbook stickers and took every sheet home with me as well. Some string, a hole puncher and some glue sticks completed the rest of my supplies. I stalked my facebook and printed out some of my favorite team photos from the year. I couldn't be more happy with the way they turned out! They made lovely keepsakes for everyone to take home.


IMG_2672
IMG_2672 IMG_2672



HOW CUTE ARE THOSE BALLOON ANIMALS?! On the day of the party, we discovered that our teammate Ellen knew how to make balloon animals. SO DUH, Brooke and I immediately got into the car and came back with a balloon pump. I'm pretty sure Ellen spent the rest of the day creating these magnificent creatures for us. AH! I WANT TO SNUGGLE THEM! But they would probably pop from my affection, so instead they are sitting safely in my office. My other favorite party favor were these super fun photo props that Healy found on Etsy! We had A TON of fun snapchatting with them :)


IMG_2672 IMG_2672
IMG_2672


LOL how adorable is Larbear and the rest of my team? BC, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for making my everyday work environment AWESOME. This was such a fantastic and special way to celebrate the end of the year with each of you (minus Kelly, WE MISS YOU GIRL). I am so grateful to have the most supportive, intelligent, good-looking coworkers on the face of the planet! Can't wait to see the incredible things we accomplish together in 2015! #BCForever #LarBearForever

6 comments:

  1. did you just Martha Stewart the heck out of the Target dollar section?! YOU ARE MY HERO!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT HAPPENED. Let's Target it up hella when you are home. Also. Gold spray painted unicorns. It needs to happen.

      Delete
  2. So awesome!! Thanks for all your hard work for the BCHoliday bash! I LOVE my drink recipe book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad we're teammates this year, Sarah! Your pink skirt set was ADORABLE btw!

      Delete