Early morning greetings from the East Coast, Monday friends! Today is my last day in Florida with the family before I head back to Seattle. It has been so good to spend quality time with my entire family this last week. I completely took for granted how awesome it was to have family close by back in the day. Even though Ben is a year younger, we entered and left the University of Washington at the same time. We essentially had identical class schedules for almost 3 years. It was AMAZEBALLS. I had a permanent study buddy that I could harass at all hours of the night and day and our parents could come visit us (and more importantly, cook for us :D) by driving a short 3 hours over the mountains. We went on a family vacation every year (9 times out of 10 to Disneyland) and it was logistically easy to be together. Now, it's a bit trickier with Ben and me on opposite ends of the country, but we make it work! The switch to recruiting has been phenomenal in terms of flexibility. There's a lone ranger element that allows you to do your work from anywhere. So for the past week, I've been working from Florida. I miss my teammates but there are some things that are quite convenient. For example, I can start work at 10 AM over here and it's 7 AM at home. And as much as I LOVE shenanigans with coworkers, it's easier to find focus time when you're away from the hustle and bustle of the office. I'm excited to get back to Seattle, though! And most of all, back to Mitch! Ugh, could write the sappiest post about how much I miss him but I'm going to spare y'all the embarrassing details.
For today's outfit post, I wanted to feature another look I rocked on the east coast while in Durham for Hack Duke last month. I have found myself wearing this coat A TON this season (actually currently have it with me on this trip!) I have a giant closet full of coats, but for some reason I've just been really feeling with Calvin Klein number I practically stole from a Nordstrom clearance rack a couple years ago for $30. I originally bought it for special occasions because I figured the built-in sweater sleeves (sweater forearm sleeves?) would keep me extra warm when wearing a dress without extra layers, but I've found that this coat has complimented my work style quite well. I've always had this weird knack with my impulse buys. Although I'm not exactly sure how they will integrate into my closet upon purchase, the pieces that I'm instinctively drawn towards tend to seamlessly integrate into my daily rotation eventually (even if it does take a year or so).
The rest of the outfit is pretty basic, but I topped it off with some maroon tights and a mustard scarf. I think they compliment the tone of the season nicely. I hope you guys have a good week wrapping up the last work week before Christmas week! See you again on Wednesday!
For today's outfit post, I wanted to feature another look I rocked on the east coast while in Durham for Hack Duke last month. I have found myself wearing this coat A TON this season (actually currently have it with me on this trip!) I have a giant closet full of coats, but for some reason I've just been really feeling with Calvin Klein number I practically stole from a Nordstrom clearance rack a couple years ago for $30. I originally bought it for special occasions because I figured the built-in sweater sleeves (sweater forearm sleeves?) would keep me extra warm when wearing a dress without extra layers, but I've found that this coat has complimented my work style quite well. I've always had this weird knack with my impulse buys. Although I'm not exactly sure how they will integrate into my closet upon purchase, the pieces that I'm instinctively drawn towards tend to seamlessly integrate into my daily rotation eventually (even if it does take a year or so).
The rest of the outfit is pretty basic, but I topped it off with some maroon tights and a mustard scarf. I think they compliment the tone of the season nicely. I hope you guys have a good week wrapping up the last work week before Christmas week! See you again on Wednesday!
Coat Calvin Klein, similar CK coats here
Tights Forever 21, on sale for $4! | Socks Forever 21, set of 3 for $10! | Shoes Madden Girl
Super cute! I love the sweater forearms, gives a nice touch and looks super feminine. I can't wait to see you Thursday!! Have nice travels!! :D
ReplyDeleteThanks, boo! They're so cozy! Stoked for Thursday too! <3
Delete