Happy Monday, Meow Cat Friends! Lol. I feel like I need to find different ways to greet you each post! Gotta keep our relationship fresh and interesting, you know? The best week of the year is HERE! Mitch and I are staying home for the break and having family and friends visit us. As much as I love traveling, I am so excited to be in one place for a little while. Mitch and I are getting a good amount of time off for the holidays so I'm really looking forward to spending quality time with him before the year ends and travel season picks up again. I hope you guys get to make plenty of relaxing and meaningful time with your loved ones this season.
Today on the blog I'm showing off one of my favorite purchases from Florida! This fluted mini skirt is definitely one of the best purchases of the season! The color is this gorgeous deep forest green that almost looks black in some lighting. The fit is incredibly flattering and I love the thick knit fabric. I know what you're thinking.... WTF KIM, a mini skirt in the winter? Well, yea! :D I appreciate Seattle winters. Originally from Eastern Washington, I am used to frigid, icy winters where I need to stay bundled up under layers of bulky fleece. Seattle waffles between slightly icy and early Spring day during the winter months and this particular day felt more like Spring! Don't worry, I didn't parade this around the office... for more than 30 minutes, haha. It's cool it's cool! The skirt is pretty stretchy and you can make it 6 inches longer if you pull on it a bit. I loved how fun and casual this outfit is. It's good to take it easy between high heel days! I paired this with a lovely embroidered top. Another one of my impulse buys that I have no regrets about! It took me a couple tries to figure out how to wear it, but I love how it looks with this skirt!
Special thanks to my new friend, Nini of Nerdly Beautiful for taking these fun photos of me! One of my favorite things about starting this blog is meeting other incredible style bloggers! Nini is also a kickass lady engineer. I love that she's changing the perception of what a typical computer scientist looks like just by being herself.
Today on the blog I'm showing off one of my favorite purchases from Florida! This fluted mini skirt is definitely one of the best purchases of the season! The color is this gorgeous deep forest green that almost looks black in some lighting. The fit is incredibly flattering and I love the thick knit fabric. I know what you're thinking.... WTF KIM, a mini skirt in the winter? Well, yea! :D I appreciate Seattle winters. Originally from Eastern Washington, I am used to frigid, icy winters where I need to stay bundled up under layers of bulky fleece. Seattle waffles between slightly icy and early Spring day during the winter months and this particular day felt more like Spring! Don't worry, I didn't parade this around the office... for more than 30 minutes, haha. It's cool it's cool! The skirt is pretty stretchy and you can make it 6 inches longer if you pull on it a bit. I loved how fun and casual this outfit is. It's good to take it easy between high heel days! I paired this with a lovely embroidered top. Another one of my impulse buys that I have no regrets about! It took me a couple tries to figure out how to wear it, but I love how it looks with this skirt!
Special thanks to my new friend, Nini of Nerdly Beautiful for taking these fun photos of me! One of my favorite things about starting this blog is meeting other incredible style bloggers! Nini is also a kickass lady engineer. I love that she's changing the perception of what a typical computer scientist looks like just by being herself.
Utility Jacket Forever 21, similar here and here (a steal!) | Top Forever 21, similarish | Skirt Forever 21, exact
Boots Urban Outfitters, similar styles here
Oh! And before I bid you goodbye, I really wanted to share with you my favorites from my photo session with Nini. I am completely inspired and swooning over her style. Get the rest of the details and more pretty pictures on her blog, Nerdly Beautiful. I'm looking forward to many more collaborations with you in the future, Nini!


No comments:
Post a Comment