Happy Monday, friends! The weekend was a whirlwind. My Valentine's Day Extravaganza with Nini went well! A ton of delicious food, ridiculously awesome decorations and super fun company- can't think of a better way to spend Vday! This week, I'm gearing up for 1.5 weeks of travel (Boston > Florida > Las Vegas). Last week I was on the struggle bus hard! I missed all of my workouts and let my apt turn into disaster town. I'll be using the next couple of days to bust my booty to get things in order before I leave.
With all the moving pieces in my schedule as of late, I feel myself gravitating towards basics. Basics aren't typically my thing but my eyes have been opened to the wonderful world of minimalist dressing thanks to the too cool for school Katrina. I find myself getting dressed from the ground up lately, using shoes as the center piece for outfits. I found these amazing kicks on a Nordstrom Rack run for $25 this weekend! WHAT?! Such a good deal! The Asian within me is so pleased :P
I wanted something classic to finish out this outfit and immediately reached for my mother's vintage London Fog. I recently threw out half of my coat closet, but of course kept this gem from my mom. I discovered this in the back of her closet right before I left for college and it's been on permanent loan to my closet ever since ;) My mom's style in another life was classic prep. I am pretty sure my affinity for white button downs came from her. I am quite nostalgic and am so grateful to have something of hers be a staple in my own closet. It makes me feel closer to her when she's away and I can't help but think about the adventures she had in this coat, back before I existed. Besides, she doesn't have much use for it now anyways as she spends the cold months in Vietnam :)
Thanks for being the best, friends! It's time for laundry, emails, and ALL the cleaning. Hope your week is off to a good start!
With all the moving pieces in my schedule as of late, I feel myself gravitating towards basics. Basics aren't typically my thing but my eyes have been opened to the wonderful world of minimalist dressing thanks to the too cool for school Katrina. I find myself getting dressed from the ground up lately, using shoes as the center piece for outfits. I found these amazing kicks on a Nordstrom Rack run for $25 this weekend! WHAT?! Such a good deal! The Asian within me is so pleased :P
I wanted something classic to finish out this outfit and immediately reached for my mother's vintage London Fog. I recently threw out half of my coat closet, but of course kept this gem from my mom. I discovered this in the back of her closet right before I left for college and it's been on permanent loan to my closet ever since ;) My mom's style in another life was classic prep. I am pretty sure my affinity for white button downs came from her. I am quite nostalgic and am so grateful to have something of hers be a staple in my own closet. It makes me feel closer to her when she's away and I can't help but think about the adventures she had in this coat, back before I existed. Besides, she doesn't have much use for it now anyways as she spends the cold months in Vietnam :)
Thanks for being the best, friends! It's time for laundry, emails, and ALL the cleaning. Hope your week is off to a good start!
Trench Coat London Fog, I like this option
Sweater Hollister Co.
Black Pants Forever 21
Sandal Calvin Klein, exact
I love that coat!! Your mom definitely has a good taste :) and it looks really good on you. The only thing I have from my dad's clothes in my closet are ties (I'm like 5 inches taller so that didn't leave much opportunity for other types of clothing) but I agree with you, it does make home feel a bit closer. In other things, I really need to start packing, this Boston trip is getting of my nerves already because I don't know if I'm taking enough clothes for layering! Hopefully we'll survive the cold with no problems. See you Wednesday!!
ReplyDeleteDUDE. Seriously going to do all of my packing tonight. I'm so glad we're flying out together, if we get stuck in an airport, at least we'll be together <3 My mom is pretty on point, lol. The crazy thing is this coat is actually petite sizing! The arms are short, but I mostly use it for spring so I think I can get away with it :D
DeleteShoes! And your mom's style is on point, I love the look that the coat adds. Also, I'll be in Boston this week as well!
ReplyDeleteSEE YOU IN BOSTON! :) Going to need way more than this trench coat to survive the weather :D
DeleteLike mother, like daughter! Loving the trench coat!
ReplyDeleteThanks, booboo! I love you, Nini! Can't wait to see you when I come home!
Delete