February completely flew by. Four trips in one month will do that to you, I suppose. Time to fess up, I completely missed the mark on my February fitness goals. Seriously, I didn't come close. Like, the complete opposite- I think I did 2 or 3 workouts THE ENTIRE MONTH. I was talkin' too big a game! Or really, I just underestimated how taxing the constant travel would be. I'm not beating myself up too much over it. Usually when I have 0% motivation to work out, it's just my brain and my body telling me they need a break and it's important to give my body what it wants if I'm interested in maintaining any form of my sanity. Travel is exciting, but it's emotionally and physically draining if you don't get a proper amount of recovery time. Working out definitely took a backseat last month.
Instead of recommiting to new fitness goals, I'm shifting my focus to something entirely different. Although, funny enough, I've already managed to get in 3 workouts this month (woo!). This month is about maintaining work/life balance to the point where my body doesn't need 7 days straight of doing nothing. No joke this happened during my one week at home in February. All I could do was come back from work each day and take naps before bedtime, lol. I want to make sure I'm giving myself the proper amount of time to recharge.
What do you guys do when you find yourself overwhelmed with your day to day activities? My signs of overexertion tend to sneak up on me! It's usually too late when I become aware and really, all I can is just let my body shut down and ride the wave of lazy. I'm hoping to pay more attention to my needs and be able to bounce back more quickly when I'm overextended.
Thank you for all of your love and support, y'all!

It's hard to say what I do when I feel over worked, so that's an excellent question. hmmm...I'd have to give that some thought. As much as I want to say a schedule or creating off-day habits, such as make the bed and take a shower, usually does the trick, but sometimes it doesn't feel worth it to fight sleep lol. I do, however, strongly believe that balance is super important. Good luck to both of us figuring out what works for us!
ReplyDeletexo
Oh, I love the idea of creating off-day habits. I'm sure there are times when I've been able to pull myself out of a funk, I should collect that list together. The next step is figuring out how to really motivate myself when I just feel like doing NOTHING you know? Of course, the reward of feeling better should be enough, but knowing myself, I'm going to need more of an incentive. Cheers, Chymere!
Delete